General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all you Girlster (Sportster) Bashers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:50 AM
crash101
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To all you Girlster (Sportster) Bashers

As far as i'm concerned my wife who rides a 1200L sportster is more of a hard core rider than most people here who knock girls on bikes.
The bike she rides is extremely fast ( beats the hell out of my softail every time) is very
uncomfortable and vibrates.
Dispite the fact that her bike does not have all the comforts of a "couch" along with abs brakes and cruise control with built in stereo, she makes me proud to see her ride and enjoy the true meaning of riding free. Could someone please stop the BS that sportsters are girls bikes.
She picked her Harley based on har size.
By the way, I have rode her bike and wow it is what the old Harley's used to ride like, ride a sportster and you will see.
And yes my wife is hot as hell, on and off the bike

Old 03-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Monochrome
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who rides gets my respect, regardless of brand, type of bike, gender or if its a bike, a trike or a scooter.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:01 AM
qwispichkn
Tourer

"It vibrates"

I will say no more.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I've said it before, if I had a few extra dollars I'd have Sportster (Nightster) as a second bike. The "chick bike" thing is an old joke so dont take it too seriously.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:10 AM
driller71
Advanced

The Sportster is and has always been a damn fine motorcycle, Harley to the bone. There agile and faster than about anything out there except the vrod and some of the metrics. I was in my local Dodge dealer the other day, they also sell Toyota. I was looking at there new truck while Ram was getting service. Big truck now. Remember when they were called tonka toys by those with full sized 4x4s.. Same thing. Something as good, very often better if you compare price and the other attributes the sportster has will get flack from the ones on the big expensive bikes. I've had two sportsters and loved them both. Still dirve one. Tell your wife good choice.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF

I've yet to read or hear of anyone calling a Sporty a girlie/chick bike. Sounds to me like you and a few others just have thin skin, I mean hell, you're bitchin' about it like a girlie. Go work in construction for a while or join the military...that'll fix you up. I'd bet money that most of those who do say whatever it is you think they're saying about 'em, is mostly just pokin' fun and not serious. Wanna bet those same ones would rather plunk their a$$ on a Sporty than a rice-burner? Sheesh, give it a break.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:45 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

You are wasting your energy worrying what other people think of what you ride.There will always be someone to complain.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

I love the sporster. I want to get one so my wife will start riding again, but the real reason is i'll ride it too.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Yonaton
I've yet to read or hear of anyone calling a Sporty a girlie/chick bike.
I guess you don't read much do ya?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:54 AM
hogwash
Road Captain

Recently I've had a few friends bash my Nightster and call it my sisters bike. Out of the three HD I own, it is the funniest to ride and always puts a smile on my face. F 'em!

Quick Reply: To all you Girlster (Sportster) Bashers