Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Which is smoother on highway? Street bob or Night Train (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/336222-which-is-smoother-on-highway-street-bob-or-night-train.html)

Zinje 04-09-2009 07:43 PM

Which is smoother on highway? Street bob or Night Train

I like both models but I am leaning towards the street bob. I was wondering though, which would give a smoother ride on the highways going between 65-80 mph.

firefighter3666 04-09-2009 08:30 PM

I vote Street Bob, but then I've never ridden a Nighttrain.

fxdwg_rugby 04-09-2009 08:47 PM

The street bob, dynas are always smoother on the highway then a softail...

08Fatty 04-09-2009 08:48 PM

I have a Fatboy and my Mom has a Street Bob. Fatboy is way better. The Street Bob is more fun in the twisties cause it does not drag the boards. But for highway crusin', the Fatboy is more comfortable and more solid feeling. If you put a windshield on the Street Bob, you get wind buffeting at highway speeds.

PigInaBlanket 04-09-2009 09:21 PM

I've got a Memphis Shades Rio Grande windshield and when I have it on there is no wind buffeting on the highway. The 6 speed helps it ride smooth as glass on the highway too.

I don't think you could go wrong with either bike as for smoothness on the highway but if you want to hurry up and pass someone the Dyna would probably do it a little quicker.

eliems 04-09-2009 10:37 PM

Last bike was a Heritage and great highway bike but this Train is definitely not for long trips! Sure is fun around town though. It isn't so much a question of smoothness but the riding position.

jbphoto 04-09-2009 11:00 PM

I've got to cast my vote for the Bob.

but then I might be a bit prejudiced. :D

RiverWolf 04-09-2009 11:11 PM

Street Bob.
I don't even use a shield.
1000 mile vacations, no problem.
Nuff said.

Zinje 04-10-2009 12:26 AM

Thanks for the input guys. :) I have been really diggin the street bob ever since i saw one. I been riding over a year now on an 800cc metric which has me wanting more. I am hoping to score an 08 because I like the black casing.

ToastedGoat 04-10-2009 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by 08Fatty (Post 4840968)
I have a Fatboy and my Mom has a Street Bob. Fatboy is way better. The Street Bob is more fun in the twisties cause it does not drag the boards. But for highway crusin', the Fatboy is more comfortable and more solid feeling. If you put a windshield on the Street Bob, you get wind buffeting at highway speeds.

Bull****.. I have a Streetbob and I have a fully detachable windshield.. no buffeting at all even up to 100mph.. I have a Heritage Softail and a Dyna Streetbob.. I don't know where you get the softail is more solid feeling.. Maybe your dyna wasn't set up right.. but it's pretty much a given among most riders and racers... bikes with the shocks mounted in the downward angle with the weight compressing the shock downwards.. works with a tighter smoother feel (ride).