Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Rev & Ride Plan (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/34392-rev-and-ride-plan.html)

Jezcruzen 05-08-2006 04:06 PM

Rev & Ride Plan

Recently there have appeared several posts regarding motorcycle insurance and its associated costs. Personally, I have been insured by Progressive at a cost of $432 per yr. for "full" coverage.

Nationwide Insurance has just begun a program titled "Rev & Ride", and is now offering motorcycle insurance. I just received a quote this morning from a Nationwide rep. for $257 per yr. for the same amount of coverage that I was getting from Progressive. That's quite a savings, wouldn't you say? They also give you a year's free membership in the AMA. There is a further discount if you have successfully completed the rider's safety course. I plan to make the switch this week.

I thought that some of you might want to look into the Nationwide program.

zombie 05-08-2006 04:18 PM

RE: Rev & Ride Plan

Helluva saving over what I'm paying...I'll look into it, thanks.

vegashd 05-08-2006 07:32 PM

im waiting for my quote back as we speak

NEW2HD 05-08-2006 08:52 PM

Thanks for the info. Progressive pissed me off big time recently. Just got a policy for the Sporty through Progressive and would love to switch.

vegashd 05-08-2006 09:38 PM

my quote was twice what my progressive rate is. And I think my progressive rate is UPSURD (SP?)

eleutheros 07-22-2006 01:10 AM

If you care about freedom to mod, be sure to check into it before buying from a so called biggest insurer of motorcycles.

mud 07-22-2006 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: eleutheros

If you care about freedom to mod, be sure to check into it before buying from a so called biggest insurer of motorcycles.
What do you mean by "freedom to mod"???

modMud

eleutheros 07-22-2006 01:20 AM

Freedom to modify your bike; aftermarket changes covered by insurance. Word is lobby's are pushing to not have to cover our after market changes at all, forcing stock bikes. They already ask if you've made changes so they can jack up the price.

cutacroshorty 07-22-2006 09:50 AM

Keep in mind, the quality of insurance coverage may not only be measured by the cost. You need to be somewhat concerned with their ability to handle claims.

I've heard some horror stories about some reputable insurance companies.

whaap 07-22-2006 01:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I have been with USAA for over 25 years and in many areas they are impossible to beat BUT, their rates for motorcycle is extreme. It's obvious they don't want to be in the motorcycle business.

You gave me the final push I needed to make the change. I e-mailed a local agent this morning to give me a quote. I will make a change.