General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patches and their meanings

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rides and location patch are the only patch for us. No clubs patches needed to enjoy riding a motorcycle.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
Does it hurt much when they sew on the patches? '-)
Not if you have a good patch artist.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I observed a member of the Vietnam Vets MC at an event one day. I wanted to approach him and ask a question about his colors, but didn't get the chance to do so. He was wearing his "cut" but only had the top and bottom rockers on it. It didn't look "fresh" and I got the impression that he'd been a member for some time. These were certainly not new patches. It looked like he'd been wearing it for years. And you could see the holes in the center where a center patch had been attached, but removed. Now, he was the only one in the group that was riding a new Honda (VTX). I'm curious if he, a: got into some kind of trouble and they put him on probation and removed his center patch, or b: had the patch taken away because he was riding on a bike other than a Harley. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I observed a member of the Vietnam Vets MC at an event one day. I wanted to approach him and ask a question about his colors, but didn't get the chance to do so. He was wearing his "cut" but only had the top and bottom rockers on it. It didn't look "fresh" and I got the impression that he'd been a member for some time. These were certainly not new patches. It looked like he'd been wearing it for years. And you could see the holes in the center where a center patch had been attached, but removed. Now, he was the only one in the group that was riding a new Honda (VTX). I'm curious if he, a: got into some kind of trouble and they put him on probation and removed his center patch, or b: had the patch taken away because he was riding on a bike other than a Harley. Anyone have any ideas?
Sounds to me like someone got hold of a Vietnam Vets MC vest and was not authorized to wear it and no he would not be riding a Honda he would have been riding an American made bike if he was with that club. Sounds to me that someone was just waiting to take an *** beating and a well deserved one.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Same thing I was thinking

Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

My best bud has a Purple Heart badge for his Purple Heart (obviously), and actually had a lady walk right up to him and ask "is that for real?" like he was some sort of A$$. She got an ear full.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I get all kind of talk with this vest

Attached Thumbnails Patches and their meanings-my-back-vest.jpg   Patches and their meanings-my-back.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 AM
NAMVET
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WVICEMAN
Sounds to me like someone got hold of a Vietnam Vets MC vest and was not authorized to wear it and no he would not be riding a Honda he would have been riding an American made bike if he was with that club. Sounds to me that someone was just waiting to take an *** beating and a well deserved one.
No stipulation on what type bike you ride.
The person in question, why he was not wearing a center patch is club business.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NAMVET
No stipulation on what type bike you ride.
The person in question, why he was not wearing a center patch is club business.
I stand corrected concerning the type of bike but I do have to say I have seen want to be's try to pull off wearing something they didn't earn or deserve and gotten into some serious trouble.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain

The below ebay link is the reason I made the comment I did. You never know when someone is going to buy a vest like in the below listing and get in a world of trouble.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorcycle-Club-...3A4%7C294%3A50

Quick Reply: Patches and their meanings