General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100 Cubic Inch

Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

If you desire it,Go For It!!!! I once got talked out of stroking one of my Shovelheads to 103" with 5" stroke,settled for 93" 4.5" stroke.It was a blast, but now running much bigger engines.We only have one shot at this life so make the most of it.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 AM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tj you gotta be talking a used punched out hayabusa. or some welfare version. anyways if you put a rb racing turbo conversion on it, nothing outside of a race/dragsters gonna take the 1125 period. to the original poster i agree soup it up u'll love her even more but realize the frame designs limitations will hold you back from ever fully 100% accessing the power ya drop into her. good luck bro

Last edited by ernofsteel007; 05-27-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
OrangeTJ
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

New Hayabusa MSRP is $13,199 per the Suzuki website. 9.84 @ 142.76 in the 1/4 per MCN's performance data. Personally, I'd rather have the 1125, but it would be quite hard pressed to best those performance numbers.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior

rb racing turbo for harley family - minimum 250hp thats the weakest they make,next step up straight to 350hp and wayyyy higher in next steps. built for pure speed already an throw that on its gonna take a 30 grand hayabusa jus to ALMOST compete. rb racing if you wanted to sink that kinda $$$ will make you a time travelling, muthrfukin japcrap killing machine that'll leave a 30 grand hayabusa in the same condition as hiroshima after the bomb!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
OrangeTJ
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

What is this 30 grand Hayabusa you keep talking about? Are you talking about a turbo'd and majorly built Hayabusa? You must be, since no stock Hayabusa costs anywhere near $30K. Note also that there are quite a few 300hp turbocharged Hayabusas running around. I wouldn't want to ride one, but they're out there.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior

dude yer stock hayabusa is what busa guys call a welfare ride. them guys spend more than harley riders do upgrading an none goes to bling like we do! yer average serious busa guy has it amped to the tune of 30 grand!!! i work with a couple of them busa guys down at my shop.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Zepfan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmorral
Hammer,

I'm not a new rider but I don't know sh... about engines or mechanical terminology.

Why more speed? I like speed but at the same time I like HD.

I'll call my bike "Japanese Killer"

Thanks for your replies guy's.

Be safe...

Check this out...http://www.dudeworld.com.au/ARTINOS.HTML

Whenever you feel the need for speed, just hit the nitrous. Stage III with N2O would be pretty mindblowing. Just limit your use to special occasions, I understand that it's pretty hard on an engine.

Just a thought, never tried it myself.

Last edited by Zepfan; 06-04-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-2009, 02:07 AM
kornflake
6th Gear

I have a 1200 sportster 2006,
I ordered the 88 inch kit from Dan at NRHS
the heads have a stage three kit done to it.

I'm not faster than a Japanese crotch rocket however I'm no slacker either.
The sportster performs extremely well.
It's a real kick to ride and I really enjoy it

because it's a Harley in retains that potato potato sound and has lots of low-end torc so it's a lot of fun.

if I was to do it again I would've picked the 90 inch kit or possibly I think I might consider the S&S engine and a custom frame.

My personal experience is having a lot of power on a light frame is extremely addictive.
Especially when it's a Harley-Davidson in v twin engine with that low end torque.

If you do get a built-up engine go for the torque versus the horsepower unless you're just looking for speed.

shoot for the horsepower if you're looking for speed.

The majority of my driving is on the freeway and around town and that is where that Powerful torque gives it that special feel , only On a Harley.

As far as the cost goes,
yes it was expensive so don't expect to get your money's worth out of it when you sell it,
although I believe you will really enjoy it if you do choose to go this way.

If you have any questions contact Dan at NRHS, he can give you a good breakdown as to the cost and what to expect.

If you just want to squeeze out 100 horse power than all you need is your heads properly ported and your ignition system re-mapped and some good racing cams
a good two into one exhaust system such as thunder headers and some type of unrestricted air filter so your engine can breathe Properly.

this will give you the best bang for the buck it will be fast as _ _ ck.

another good place besides NRHS to get your Harley Davidson or Buell heads ported is
Henderson's performance in San Diego..

I hope this helps whoever is reading.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:40 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it were me I'd get a dyna of some kind. You're already ahead with the 96" engine and you can make it much larger and scarier. The bikes are pretty much the same size, I have nothing at all against a sportster but to accomplish what you want to do you, need a bigger starting platform, in my opinion.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:52 AM
connersw
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep the harley stock and buy a sport bike best of both worlds one for laid back cruising one for the twisties

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 100 Cubic Inch