General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many people ride with a motorcycle club outlaw or otherwise

Old 06-03-2009, 11:45 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how many people ride with a motorcycle club outlaw or otherwise

got invited to prospect for the soul brothers motorcycle club i can't imagine what they want with a middle aged white rocker

there webpage is geared toward the urban culture and from the photos of the runs there was propably 10 percent white boys, or less

does anybody know anything about them? does prospecting consist of unlawful conduct?
i have never worn colors or looked for the oppurtunity to do so

so what do you think?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

I think you should go ask them what it's all about and not a bunch of guys on the internet that you don't know.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's odd that you are invited to prospect with a club you know little about or them knowing something about you..

Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by Pablo22
I think you should go ask them what it's all about and not a bunch of guys on the internet that you don't know.
+1. Best advice you will get on this one. Sounds like they may just be trying to bolster their ranks unless they know you pretty well in which case I would think you would know something about them. JMO.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 AM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, never even heard of them. The only way you will know if their prospecting requires illegal conduct is to ask them, or go ahead a prospect if you are interested. I am sure you will find out soon enough.

Ask yourself this question. "Would I go to extreme measures to defend my family including perhaps an illgeal activity?" When you join an MC, you are in fact joining a family in most cases. But I am with Eyespy, I find it odd too.

Last edited by travroc; 06-04-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 AM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's odd that you are invited to prospect with a club you know little about or them knowing something about you..

Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

The prospect period is a time for you and the PHs to check each other out for lack of a better term. If you decide they aren't for you, just say so. There won't be any hard feelings. As far as club business, that stays within the club.

A great place for info can be found here: http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html

Old 06-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by freebyrd
got invited to prospect for the soul brothers motorcycle club i can't imagine what they want with a middle aged white rocker

there webpage is geared toward the urban culture and from the photos of the runs there was propably 10 percent white boys, or less

does anybody know anything about them? does prospecting consist of unlawful conduct?
i have never worn colors or looked for the oppurtunity to do so

so what do you think?
Uhhh, Federal mandate via the EEO. U B da nu "token" cracka, and as a prospect, yu'll b ridin' in the back. Does the term "mule" come to mind??

OR worse , the 'other white meat' said "No", as posted above, and they are now looking for a new club "house boy".
"Prospect, warsh my Busa"
"Prospect, git me a wine cooler"
"Prospect, watch the door"
"Prospect, go out and git us some Church's and some hookas"

Have to be honest, with a name like "Freebyrd", I had you pigeon holed as a Lynyrd Skynyrd sorta playa, not a rappa.

Sorry, IT was all jus' laying there.

Don't know 'em, never heard of 'em. Let me guess, one patch club?? BUT if they walked up to you, to 'ask' you to prospect, it is MY GUESS, and ONLY that, that they are NOT into any sort of illegal activity.
IF they were, they would be much more discreet, and flying off the radar, NOT walking up to peeps that barely know 'em, and askin' them to prospect. BUT that is JMFUO.

Course, if you be the guy in the band, who normally supplies the 'party goods', and the 'hookas', word has obviously gotten out, on you.

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 06-04-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyespy
Yup...

Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

The one time I thought I might like to wear colors,was after meeting and riding with a few patch wearers here in Maine.It would have never worked for me.You would be wize to talk to some of them and get a good feel for what would be expected of you,and the time you would need to put in.Good Luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how many people ride with a motorcycle club outlaw or otherwise