Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Toledo oh beats myrtle beach (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/357800-toledo-oh-beats-myrtle-beach.html)

frenchbiker 06-16-2009 08:21 AM

Toledo oh beats myrtle beach

This one wins the cake! I can't believe how stupid some municipalities are.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090616/...iveway_tickets

2 hrs 25 mins ago

TOLEDO, Ohio – Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are complaining that they received $25 tickets for parking their vehicles in their own driveways.

Mayor Carty Finkbeiner (FINK'-by-ner) says he stands by the citations handed out last week by the Division of Streets, Bridges and Harbor. He says the tickets were issued under a city law against parking on unpaved surfaces, including gravel driveways.

During a news conference Monday, Finkbeiner ignored a reporter's question of whether the crackdown and fines were related to the city's budget crisis.

The three-term mayor faces a recall vote in November. Critics have claimed he's wasted city money.

City Councilman D. Michael Collins calls the ticketing "Mickey Mouse nonsense." He has told residents he'll try to have the citations rescinded.

BlackRob 06-16-2009 08:41 AM

Unreal. Hope they get rid of this communist idiot.

harleyguy5571 06-16-2009 08:43 AM

Arrogant prick, but then again what do you expect from a politcian.

seniorsuperglideE8 06-16-2009 08:58 AM

BHO will pick him as a Parking Czar.

frog13 06-16-2009 01:11 PM

DAMN! I miss Toledo, moved away a few years back. Gotta love Carty, from the relocation of the deaf to the end of the airport runway to ticketing cars in their own driveways. Ya gotta hand it to old Carty, he's probably in the national news more than any other mayor. I still remember when he built his new condo on the future site of Owens Corning, then sold it for a real tidy profit. Hat's off to Carty ............:icon_fryingpan:

bbaz100 06-16-2009 09:41 PM

I thought Boss Hog and Rosco P. was from Hazzard in GA. Stuff em' and cuff em' is next. $25 for parking in your gravel turnaround? Seems like the investigaters in Cuyahoga county could take a small trip from Cedar Point west. Maybe some one from the Blade will apply the label.

frankjake 06-16-2009 11:38 PM

It's getting bad everywhere. Today I watched a cop give a mentally handicap man riding an electric scooter a ticket for something.

This scooter guy is seen riding his scooter all over town, I don't know him personally but he's sort of known around town because he rides that thing all over the place. Like I say, he has some mental and physical issues.

So I was sitting in McDonalds and happend to see him riding down the street like always. Now he's not riding on the sidewalk but he is riding in the bike lane.

All of a sudden a motorcycle cop races right in front of this guy, sort of forcing him to stop. I mean the guy is only going about 2mph or how every fast those scooters go.

I have no idea what he did wrong, but the cop jumps off his motorcycle and obviously ask the guy for his ID. I guy is trying to get his wallet or whatever he has out of his pocket, being handicap, it took him a few extra seconds.

The cop doesn't even take off his helmet but I can hear the guy almost yelling at the cop asking what's going on. Of course I can't hear what the cop is saying, I assume he talking at a normal volume.

Then the cop goes back to his bike, get his ticket book out and proceeds to write the guy some type of ticket. I watched the entire thing. He made the guy sign the ticket, tore off a copy and gave it to him, jumps back on his bike and takes off.

It's sad, I guess our town is really hurting for money when the cops start pulling over electric handicap scooters. Even more sad that the cop actually wrote a ticket.

rydermike 06-16-2009 11:47 PM

And the toledo mayor isn't even using cops to write the citations ....... has assigned that duty to his "sanatition engineer's" or garbage guys!!

Haulen Ass 06-17-2009 07:34 AM

FUBAR :icon_slap:

dirtyharryfxrt 06-17-2009 10:51 AM

Don't forget about Kwame Kilpatrick, mayor former Mayor of Detroit. (what a turd!)