General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down 29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)

Hey Guys, wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary and imagine my surprise when she told me she wanted to take a trip to Leeds, Al. on our bikes to visit the Barber Museum. BTW - Barber Museum is world class.

We have heard of 29 Dreams so we decided to book a cabin. Thinking of the cabins we have stayed at Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge we called and made reservations. The website describes the cabins as "splendid comfort". It also show bands, a bar and people dancing.

We arrived Friday afternoon after riding all day in 100* + heat to find the place almost vacant. We filled out the requisite forms and asked to see the cabin. Their idea of "splendid comfort" is a musty 12' X12' room with a bed. No indoor plumbing, no TV, no nothing. We were invited to use the public bath house some 300 yards away. Did I mention there was no indoor plumbing.

We informed them that their accomodations were unacceptable as they had misrepresented their cabins. The cabins are $83.00 per night plus a $29.00 membership fee. We were told to take it or leave it and there would be no refunds.

So we rode into Moody, stayed at the Best Western, with indoor plumbing, air and TV for $74.00 per night. They like bikers and asked us to park out front under the pavilion. Best part is they are only about 4 miles from Barber.

We were on the road for 3 full days and enjoyed it but I got to thinking about 29 Dreams and decided to try to get our deposit returned. Following is my email and their reply:

To say we were disappointed with your accommodations may be futile but we are again asking that you refund us in the amount of $83.25. We were never told there was no indoor plumbing or even a television in the cabin. We consider this camping not "splendid comfort" as portrayed on your web page.

We did not use nor did we receive any services through 29 Dreams. We contend that we were misrepresented and found the accommodations to be unsatisfactory. We are asking once again that a refund be given promptly or we will be left with no choice except to begin chargeback proceedings with our credit card company.

Respectfully,

Thank you for your June 29th, 2009 email. Congratulations on your new marriage as well. I remember your visit, short for sure, but I do remember your visit.

Shannon has been patient with your request as have the rest of the staff here at 29 Dreams.

We have over 1000 people that stay at 29 Dreams, most on a regular basis. So we’re sorry 29 Dreams accommodations were just not up to your standards.

You were informed of the policies/procedures, and amenities when you made the reservations to stay at 29 Dreams. Specifically meaning there will be no refunds to you for anything.

You must still be growing up. That’s ok though, you will learn that lack of planning and research on your part, does not constitute a failure of any kind on our part. All private clubs deal with unreasonable potential members that hold themselves blameless for any and all things not perfect to them. Basically you are a good example of a potential member that can never be satisfied. I hope one day you find some peace.

Please do not apply for membership here at 29 Dreams. We have a minimum standard; you would not make the cut.

Please read the following and if you still want to pursue chargeback options that are available to you with your credit card company, please do. Your credit card company will tell you the same thing I am telling you.

Wow...what a way to run a business and you thought Harley dealers were bad. I may lose my deposit, I may not but if I can save any of you from the despair of dealing with this guy then good.

Character attacks never go well....

Last edited by RoadKingRon1; 07-02-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 AM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow,I have never stayed there but have friends that have.They had nothing but praise for the place but they did camp.I knew they offered cabins but didn't know they were so primitive.Thanks for the heads up. I hope Barbers made up for it,that is a world class place.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 AM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

WOW thats bad Thanks for the info I hope you get your money back.
Rick From San Diego / TJ Mexico
1992 flhtc
2002 V-Rod
soon to join the 260 club
Brembo Calipers front & rear
AW wheels
Metzelers
V-mods

Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

I wouldn't stay there either, and their response is not demonstrative of business savy people. They certainly do not seem to care about return business. That said, their website does reference a "bath house", which would prompt me to make a phone call to ask some questions before I laid down a deposit. But it would seem fairly safe to assume that if you rented a cabin, that there would be a bathroom in it. Hope you get your $ back.

Last edited by Boo67; 07-02-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 69z28
Wow,I have never stayed there but have friends that have.They had nothing but praise for the place but they did camp.I knew they offered cabins but didn't know they were so primitive.Thanks for the heads up. I hope Barbers made up for it,that is a world class place.

Yeah, Barber is definitely world class. Ran into some Harley riders while there who told us the dealer in Trussville was having their 25th anniversary party. Bands, hot dogs, etc. Met and talked to a lot of great people there.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely call your CC company for charge back options and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they have a web-site? If so, are there pictures of their cabins posted on it?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's unbelievable that a business owner in this day and age with the internet would be that STUPID to put that in writing. Wonder what he'd think when he sees this posted on the web. I'd send a reply back with a link to this thread telling the moron that he just lost more the one nights deposit.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boo67
I wouldn't stay there either, and their response is not demonstrative of business savy people. They certainly do not seem to care for YOUR return business . That said, their website does reference a "bath house", which would prompt me to make a phone call to ask some questions before I laid down a deposit.
I mus' be stoopid...I made the reservations by phone. The bath house reference is under their "camping" site. I know it's Alabama but I thought everyone had indoor plumbing.... (kidding).

I mean we are form Miss. and we have it. Haven't had it long but we's got it now.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 AM
UK Dave
Intermediate

Looks like a bunch of settlers cabins on the website...

Quick Reply: 29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)