General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out of the blue........

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:28 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Protrucker
Last week I got a phone call from my insurance agent. She said that she was reviewing my policy & wanted me to come in to the office & bring the registrations for my bikes. She wanted to rewrite my policy. I asked why & she said that since I had been insured with them (Progressive) for so long that she could get me a much better rate. I was suspicious & skeptical. Why would they, out of the blue, just offer to insure me for less money? Well, I went to the office & talked to the agent. When I walked out of the office I had a new policy at a fantastic savings. My old policy premium was $420 per year for four bikes. (full coverage on the H/D & liability on the other three) The new policy was for the same coverage, but I dropped one bike. The liability coverage on any bikes added with my H/D is only $16 per bike. My new premium is $164 per year for three bikes! That's a savings of $256. Even if I had left the fourth bike on, it would have still been a savings of $240!
What a great surprisse!!!
I will never figure out how the insurance companies do this stuff. Just yesterday I did online quotes from progressive and geico. I'm currently paying $460 a year for full coverage (100/300 liability, $100 deductible collision and comprehensive) on two bikes through farmers. Progressive came back with a quote of $635 and geico was $590. I have no tickets or claims and excellent credit. You pay $164 for three bikes with full coverage on one. WOW.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In expensive AZ...

2002 FLSTC $600.00 a yr

2009 FLTRI $1236.00

The Roadglide with the payment and ins. was $500.00 a month

I'll stick with Carbed older models...

Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 PM
kered
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

cheapest ive been quoted for full coverage is 4k a year...having a sportbike and 22 doesnt help at all...you guys got it easy!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCKETASS
In expensive AZ...

2002 FLSTC $600.00 a yr

2009 FLTRI $1236.00

The Roadglide with the payment and ins. was $500.00 a month

I'll stick with Carbed older models...
Yeah. My FLHRC is about $900 a year.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
frankjake
Road Master

You get what you pay for! Do a search (not on this forum) about problems with insuracne companies. Seems to me a lot of people have "issues" with Progressive coverage that they don't find out about until they have an accident.

When I called around to get quotes, I found that my insurance company, Formost, is a few bucks a year more than Geico and several hundreds cheaper than Progressive.

But with my accident back in January, the insuracne was totally painless to deal with. I talked to them once on the phone to tell them what happened. They contacted the Harley dealer where my bike was taken and basically told them to fix it whatever it took. I had the bike back, repaired perfectly in 5 weeks.

The extra $40 a year is worth it to me for that type of service.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by frankjake
You get what you pay for! Do a search (not on this forum) about problems with insuracne companies. Seems to me a lot of people have "issues" with Progressive coverage that they don't find out about until they have an accident.

When I called around to get quotes, I found that my insurance company, Formost, is a few bucks a year more than Geico and several hundreds cheaper than Progressive.

But with my accident back in January, the insuracne was totally painless to deal with. I talked to them once on the phone to tell them what happened. They contacted the Harley dealer where my bike was taken and basically told them to fix it whatever it took. I had the bike back, repaired perfectly in 5 weeks.

Guess it depends where you live. A buddy of mine has Progressive and loves it. When his car was totalled by a stoned driver, he said they were fantastic to deal with. Unlike the other driver's insurance company.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:30 PM
DYNAJoe
Banned

Originally Posted by ftanner
Geico is just as liberal.

Back in the late 1980s, California mandated an insurance cap because insurance companies were getting stupid with their insurance rates for Californians. Geico said that if the law passed, they would immediately cease doing business in California. The law passed. Many of my friends in the military, who got a military discount through Geico, got letters within two weeks that their insurance was being canceled due to being stationed in California and they were ceasing operations there.

I wouldn't care if Geico offered me insurance for a dollar. I'd tell them to get bent.
Spoken like a true 'Obama Mule ' with blinders to keep you from looking around...the future will sort it all out...it aint gonna be any fun but hopefully it will cause some people to remove their blinders and hopefully see what the hell is happening to this country... ....

Last edited by DYNAJoe; 07-07-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
But dropping all of their customers and leaving them high and dry *IS* a Liberal trait.... The people trying to get insurance got stuck with HIGHER rates because they were dropped by their insurance company. The new companies didn't care what the reason was.

Nice try. Maybe you should have actually thought it all through.
Actually, I was in the insurance industry in CA at the time and maybe you should understand what actually happened with Prop 103. Oh wait, that would take intellectual effort. No, it is easier to bluster about the evil liberals. Besides, I thought the problem with liberals was too many handouts and too much government involvement. Now, it is being against regulation and leaving people high and dry. Whew.

Last edited by Bluzmn59; 07-08-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

The same thing happened to me a while back,sure good for the soul.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

Originally Posted by frankjake

Well, I have only good things to say about Progressive.

A few years ago I was riding one of my older bikes & had a cager try to pass me in a no passing zone on a 30 mph road. He got beside me & cut in hard, hitting me hard enough that my left footpeg tore a hole in his fender & bent the footpeg mount on the bike. Somehow I managed to keep the bike up & escaped any injuries, but I wobbled all over the place until I regained control. The guy didn't even stop, so I chased him down until I was able to get his plate number. I called the cops & they tracked him down at his home. I reported the accident to Progressive even knowing that I only had liability on that bike. They had a rep contact me & kept in touch with me & the other guy's insurance company to make sure that I was paid for the damages to my bike.

A couple years ago, my wife dropped her Low Rider while doing a low speed u-turn. There was enough damage that we decided to turn a claim with Progressive. My wife took the bike to our local H/D dealer & got an estimate for the repair. Then, she submitted the estimate to Progressive. A rep contacted her within a day & wanted to see the bike. I thought that we were going to be in for a fight to get the damages paid for. Boy, was I wrong! The rep went over the bike so thoroughly that he found things the dealer hadn't written up & included them in his report. Then.......the rep wrote a check on the spot for about $400 more than the estimate from the dealer!

What more could you ask for? I'm very happy with Progressive!

Quick Reply: Out of the blue........