General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease a Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 AM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lease a Harley?

No need to start lecturing on the business aspect of this, lord knows it works with cars, just wondering if folks on this forum would consider leasing a Harley.

LOS ANGELES, CA, Aug 14, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- EagleRider launches an industry changing 12-Month Motorcycle Lease Program. Consumers now have peace-of-mind knowing they can still purchase an EagleRider Certified Pre-Owned Harley-Davidson without having to make a long-term and costly commitment.

Based on the results from a recent survey of EagleRider's rental customers, EagleRider has designed a 12-Month Motorcycle Lease Program to offer an affordable alternative to motorcycle enthusiasts looking for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle lifestyle but not tied to a five year loan.

"Motorcyclists who desire to experience a Harley-Davidson motorcycle for longer than a rental but are unwilling to invest in a long-term purchase can now enjoy the Harley-Davidson of their dreams for as little as $249 per month," said David Goff, VP of Marketing at EagleRider.

The EagleRider 12-Month Lease is available on hundreds of 2007 and 2008 Factory Stock EagleRider Certified Pre-Owned Harley-Davidson Motorcycles. Customers will also enjoy the comfort of knowing their motorcycle lease includes:

-- All Scheduled Maintenance
-- A 12-Month Platinum Warranty
-- 4000 Annual Miles
-- $0 down upon signing
-- 5-Day Exchange Policy

For as little as a $249 monthly lease payment motorcycle enthusiasts can climb on the back of their favorite Harley-Davidson and experiencing the freedom of the open road. Visit the EagleRider Motorcycle Sales website at www.eagleridersales.com for a list of their available sales inventory or call (888) 814-3399 to lease a Harley-Davidson motorcycle today.

About EagleRider:

EagleRider pioneered the Harley-Davidson rental concept in 1992 and today operates the world's largest motorcycle rental and powersport rental fleet from premier manufacturers such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, BMW, Victory motorcycles and Vespa Scooters. EagleRider's expansion of its franchise rental facilities targets global tourist destinations and currently offers rental facilities in the USA, United Kingdom, Austria, Australia, Spain, France, Ireland, Mexico, Costa Rica, and New Zealand.

www.eaglerider.com

EagleRider
(888) 814-3399

Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

No way, no how. I leased a vehicle once and it wound up being a nightmare when it it came time to turn it in.

And, 4,000 miles a year? C'mon. Weekend riders can get that much. It's just not worth it. I also like the "all scheduled maintenance" comment. I was supposed to get that too. Oh, well, I guess I did actually get it. But I had to pay for it!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 AM
chad_clearwater
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't, but then I don't lease cages either. However, this will put some clean low-mileage used bikes in the market.

My last three vehicles were lease turn-ins and they've done the job well and I didn't pay the depreciation.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:20 PM
rnl_1200C
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
No way, no how. I leased a vehicle once and it wound up being a nightmare when it it came time to turn it in.

And, 4,000 miles a year? C'mon. Weekend riders can get that much. It's just not worth it. I also like the "all scheduled maintenance" comment. I was supposed to get that too. Oh, well, I guess I did actually get it. But I had to pay for it!
I agree - I only ride about 8 months a year, and put over 10k miles easily.
$249/mo is not cheap either.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

4000 Annual Miles
Sorry, that's good for about 3 months in my world.

Bike or cage, if you make lease payments, what have you got to show for it at the end of the lease?

At least if you're buying, you have something worth something at the end of the deal

Old 08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

As everyone said above....
+ who wants to ride around for a year on a showroom stock Harley? Ya can't bling a lease.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:56 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,619 Likes on 2,094 Posts

Here is one positive with a lease

If the bike is wrecked when it's new, your not stuck with a branded (salvage, repairable, etc) title. Even when the vehicle is repaired by the dealer the value is greatly diminished and with the first year depreciation can be difficult to sell for even a reasonable price. The dealer will know if it's been repaired by the dealer network if you try to trade it

Old 08-14-2009, 07:23 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The only 4,000 mile mileage limit would be a deal breaker for sure for me. Also, when you turn it in they are going to look for every little scratch on the bike and want to charge you for it.

I rented a Fat Boy from them once when I was between bikes. Overall the experience was ok, but something just bothered me about how the guy spent 15 minutes going over the bike looking for any little scratch he could charge me for when I turned it back in. I was like, so if a rock flew up from the road and chipped the paint, I would have to pay for it. His response was yes. Don't know if it is still that way with them, but they sell insurance at an extra charge over the rental for damage that might occur to the bike. But, it only covered any damage that exceeded the $2,000.00 deposit they put on my credit card to rent the bike.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:26 PM
NHFree1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree...why lease? You can't customize it and you have nothing to show for those $249 payments in the end.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I wouldn't lease a Harley.....ever, but it may be a deal for somebody out there.

Quick Reply: Lease a Harley?