General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THANKS to Hutchins HD in Yucca Valley Ca

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANKS to Hutchins HD in Yucca Valley Ca

My shifter problem that I had on Wednesday. Well it happened again. Less then 150 miles later the toe shifter was again stripped. After are Big Bear run up the mountain( BIg Red and I) WE road around down into Yucca Valley to Hutchins HD. I told the servcie writer what the problem was. She said since another shop already worked on it under warrenty they would not touch it. Well I sadi show me where it says that in my warrenty writing. SHOW ME HDs WARRENTY in DETAIL. Well The manager came out. He said lets get it in and look at it. He actually was SMART abotu it. Well I told him my last name and he was getting it all done. Turned out though that I knew this guy 15 years ago. Knew him for about 5 years till I moved away. FUNNY stuff.

without replacing either part they put some locetite on it to make it home and it still is tight. stayed better then the replacement job that the HD shop did here.

Im putting billet levers on on Monday though. Gonna have them replace the shaft.

IUll start a post about our ride in a bit. It was long over 600 miles.. OH MY let me tell you. It was a blast. And the HARDEST ride I have EVER been on.

If any are familiar with Yucca Valley and 29 plams its flat DESERT. I mean no shade and HOT. It was 119 on our ride hom yesterday through the desert. You want to talk abotu HOT long, and exhausting.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: THANKS to Hutchins HD in Yucca Valley Ca

I feel for you in the heat...forgot about the Big Bear run or I might have gone.

Been close too or in the low hundreds here. Not bad while your moving but stop and go
is a Be-atch. Soon as I got back from the coast yesterday I could just feel my legs melting
in the heat. Thought I was going to burn right through the jeans.

Be careful in the heat! Your ride sure sounds like it was fun.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts
Default RE: THANKS to Hutchins HD in Yucca Valley Ca

Glad to hear the dealer helped you out.
I know that area pretty good.My ex inlaws live out there.Done four wheeling out the backside of Big Bear and dirt bike riding in the washes.
Would not want to get stuck out there!