General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Training Wheels for Motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
softail04
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aw several voyager and insta-trike conversions on our way to sturgis. talked to quit a few owners and they all loved them (mostly older people) am looking at getting one for my bike as I age 68 now. my legs no longer want to do what they need to do at stop lights and such. other health issues are also making it hard to ride two up so if it takes adding two more wheels as outriggers or training wheels or what ever I guess I will do it but not for a year or two..

Old 08-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen these a couple times out there. I saw a set up with an elderly couple on an Ultra pulling a trailer. My wife thinks they are cool and wanted me to look into a set so she could ride my Electra Glide. (She's too short) Had a dealer look up a set and they were around 4 grand. Easy to set up and remove. I rekkon they have some merit. I would use them if I wasnt able to hold the bike up. Going to get old some day.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Anezangl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete "G" of Chopper Design in Longwood Florida is getting a pat. # on retractable training wheels. Just saw a news story last week on the local channel showing him ridding a bagger with them on it. They go up and down automatically. A few years ago he built the "Blue Diamond" that won and was on the cover of Easyrider, now he is making training wheels to keep his shop open. www.chopperdesign.com

Old 08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Guess as the Baby Boomers start retiring, we'll be seeing a lot more of this type of product, among a long list of others..

Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't take this comment the wrong way, but if I ever get to the point I am unable to stand my bike up on my own, then I will accept it as being a sign that it is time to get a convertible and stick to horses either under the hood or the four legged, grazing variety. But that may just be me. Each to their own.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw something similar to these about a month ago at a local bike night.. The guy had a prosthetic leg he had a road king and had em put on there.. It looked more like a three wheeler but still had the back tire in the center. I thought it was a pretty cool idea.. It allowed him the ability to ride his bike without turning it into a full fledged trike.. thinking about it I guess really he had 4 wheels on the ground.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Don't take this comment the wrong way, but if I ever get to the point I am unable to stand my bike up on my own, then I will accept it as being a sign that it is time to get a convertible and stick to horses either under the hood or the four legged, grazing variety. But that may just be me. Each to their own.
Egg-zackly!! Well, except for the four legged, grazing variety. Them, not so much.