General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help find a missing motorcyclist:

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM
SLP24
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the most likely route they need volunteers to help search. http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1116275_n.jpg

If anyone is on the route, we want to look for any signs of a deer hit, birds circling above a spot, any signs of something that may have left the road like a skid mark or disturbed brush, etc.

Its a huge search area. His family says he is not the kind of guy to "disappear"

We updated the information for the police dept as it has been handed off to another location. Actually two locations.

If you are in that region, please join the group and spread the word to your friends. We need all the eyes we can out there. Maybe some volunteer pilots too.

Here is the Facbook group link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...d=135807631572

Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Prayers sent, The wife and I hopes he turns up soon.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
trhayes76
Tourer

Fingers crossed here...I second the cell phone idea...best wishes

Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 PM
uncle bo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes heres praying for a safe return.please keep us posted.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:19 PM
SLP24
Tourer

If you are riding solo, please check out SPOT http://www.findmespot.com/en/

I just heard of it and will be making sure my Solo runs include it from now on.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Not too long ago here in the Seattle area, they found a missing woman. She had some how driven off the side of the rode into a fairly deep ditch. I drove past her twice a day going to and from work. Never knew she was there. They found her by pinging her cell phone. And she was alive.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Larry not a bad piece of equipment. I just did a 1200 mile run 6am-2am the next day in 18.5 hrs.....well worth it to have something like that. I sure hope that enough groups pull together to start searching for him. That's a long time to be a lone if he crashed and went off the road. I hope they checked his cell phone records, that can be a huge help(who,when and where). Other than that consentrating their search from info from his credit card reciepts and figuring his average gas stops, they might be able to check video at near by gas stations where he would of made his next stop. You should be able to calculate average speed and approx place he would be stopping.The route leading to that point has to be searched with a fine tooth comb. Solo bike riders will not be able to do it safely and with any accuracy, vehicles with spotters on each side of the vehicle will be needed. Sure hope he's ok!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:29 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Update.....checked in with a few people this morning, doesn't look like there's that much progress. There appeared to be a few people running the route this morning. It's going to be a tough thing to do, because "if" he went off the road at 50 mph or so, he could be little ways of the roadway. Black bike laying on it's side would not be easy to fine.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't newer cell phones now have the ability to trace where the cell phone is from the GPS? Not sure if his cell has this or not.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Pete I suggested that to his relative, but now the issue is how much time has gone buy that the battery is probably dead. In the best case they can hope for he had a mid-life crisis and doesn't want to be reached. Other was he's off the road or worse case was abducted and the bike was ditched.All we can do is pray for the best.

Quick Reply: Please help find a missing motorcyclist: