General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What A Piece of Junk

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:18 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What A Piece of Junk

ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider
ruse
Damn,had to look that word up in the dictionary!

[/quote]

Low is always good on educating us.

Brian, sounds like a sweet ride...I'm kinda partial to the Heritage Classics too.

ORIGINAL: SDMF

Some peoples kids. Do i come to your chess club and tell you that your mother dresses you funny????
Never know SDMF...might do some people a world of good

Old 06-17-2006, 01:22 AM
PoleCat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. I feel like I got the deal of the century.

My Street Glide was thousands less and has zero problems so far. (well except for a few bubble marks for a day or two)

I love my new Harley!

Old 06-17-2006, 01:37 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No dictionary laying around and since I own a Harley, oh wait it's "Over Priced Junk". I want to use the correct term here. I must be one of the "Strange Ones". I rode 75 miles home the day I bought my King. I had to spend $4.00 on a bottle of asprins, cause my face hurt from all the grinning. I went back the next day and bought some chome, spent 169.00. Went back and bought the service manual and some more chrome spent $212.00. Every 2 weeks I buy something or am saving for something. You get the idea. So Mr. you are right it is 1 piece of Over Priced Junk, but it's mine and you know what ONE MAN'S JUNK IS ANOTHERS TREASURE!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2006, 01:47 AM
eazy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: PoleCat

Wow. I feel like I got the deal of the century.

My Street Glide was thousands less and has zero problems so far. (well except for a few bubble marks for a day or two)

I love my new Harley!

The only problem that I have had is low rear tire life, but that may be because my over-priced piece of junk can boil the tire unlike many other "better made" foreign cruisers. [sm=gears.gif]

I'm going to get something to drink, because I must be drunk to believe this crap. [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 06-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior

Every time I ride my '87 E-Glide, and park it in the garage,...next morning,..sure enough, there's one or two drops of oil under it, damn, and its only got 61,000 mi's on it ! I gotta get rid of this piece of junk, and get me a Kamakazi crotch-rocket!!!

Old 06-17-2006, 02:04 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Greybeardrider

Every time I ride my '87 E-Glide, and park it in the garage,...next morning,..sure enough, there's one or two drops of oil under it, damn, and its only got 61,000 mi's on it ! I gotta get rid of this piece of junk, and get me a Kamakazi crotch-rocket!!!
With a wind up propeller and a compass in the stock? Those are keen!

Old 06-17-2006, 02:06 AM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O crap. I have a few spots of dried bug guts on mine. I'll put her up for sale in the morn

Old 06-17-2006, 02:38 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i can't help with anything but a cure for the heat between your seat and tank. That be my product for "No More Fried Thighs!!!" at www.rjsoriginals.com Only problem is, They only come in vivid black, Not lemon yellow.

ORIGINAL: OverPricedJunk

On March 29 of this year I purchased my first Harley Davidson a 2006 Ultra Classic. "WHAT A $26.000 MISTAKE". I have had nothing but problems with the bike since day one and would not recommend anyone buying a Harley. It all started when I went to pick the bike up and the dealer told me it wasn't ready because it was smoking pou of the left exhaust. Well to make the story a little shorter, bad value guide seal, engine had to be torn apart. Had bike one week left rear shock went bad. 1000 mile service spark plug thread broke off in head engine apart again. Radio went bad (two weeks to get another one) not new reconditioned. Drivers back rest broke, wires hanging out from under fairing, air cleaner almost fell off on trip, trim on front fender came loose, net for top of tour pack won't stay attached, stripped screws in left switch housing, and cracked y pipe on the exhaust. All of this before I have made the third payment on this piece of junk
I will have to say that the dealer Frieze Harley Davidson has been pretty good to me doing what they can but it still doesn't make up for the piece of junk that Harley is trying to pass off as their top of the line motorcycle.
Since the y pipe was replaced this last Wednesday I have noticed that the exhaust system gets so hot that it glows cherry red. According to Harley this is within normal operating guidelines. What a crock of %^$^. I just rode the bike home from work (15 miles) put a therometer between the gas tank and the seat 116 degrees fun uh.
Well now so that I don't have to worry about my bike catching on fire becuase the exhaust is glowing red I get to spend another $1,800 on it to put a new exhaust on it as well as a Harley Davidson Performance Tuner have it MAPPED and then maybe I will be able to ride it. "OH AND IT MIGHT VOID MY WARRENTY"

"WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T BUY A HARLEY"

Old 06-17-2006, 02:44 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bigfoot, thanks for laugh Bro!!!
ORIGINAL: Bigfoot

I agree with you! TOTAL CRAP! Yep, mine smokes especially when it is cold outside or I wind it too far. Mine gets hot as hell in traffic on hot as hell days. Mine is missing some trim pieces, not sure where they are or if they were even on there to begin with. My brakes don't like to stop when you drive them through a deep puddle or high wet grass. My bike is even starting to rust in some places around fender mounts. My back wheel will not come clean easily and the chrome is severly pitted. The spring in my throttle return is broken. My clutch is starting to chatter AGAIN. Sometimes it takes up to 5 kicks to get this thing to fire up when it has been sitting for a while - Total piece of junk - Harley does suck, this bike is only 39 years old with 166,000 miles on it where is the quality control?? I want my money back - You convinced me - Harley SUCKS. [:'(]

Old 06-17-2006, 03:13 AM
mrghos
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bigfoot

ORIGINAL: BluegrassBuck

ORIGINAL: mrghos

Taking the plunge and pouring money into the bike whether it be for parts, chrome or service is what the experience is all about.

You should have joined the forum long time ago to get an idea of what you were getting yourself into...

And hey! It's only money...right?

mrghos - I think you are wrong - even if you said it in fun. A person should be able to ride a bike off the show room floor and the only expense should gas, oil, and tires. Maybe you are made of money but many of us are not.

BluegrassBuck;

mrghos's point is simply that he enjoys customizing and presonalizing his bike. He is not saying it can not be drivin stock - he is saying in a light hearted manner, "if you are a troll go away" nothing more.

Thanks Bigfoot. I need someone in my corner from time to time.

And you know what BlueGrassBuck. I am made of money... And as soon as I pull more of it outta my A$$ I am going to POUR MORE MONEY into my 2006 Electra Glide Standard... Is that A$$hole enough for ya?

Quick Reply: What A Piece of Junk