General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screaming eagle exhaust?????? junk or what

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:03 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see the sportbike picture in your sig, how about a D&D? They aren't that expensive, they re great for power, sound and looks. IMHO.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

For me SE are just perfect. For the money you can't beat it. You are buying a brand new bike. Do you self a favor and do not roll allof your add-ons in to the cost of the bike. Just save an pay as you go.

To qualify I am sure you have read here, craigs list and ebay guys offerng to sell their bikes for more than they are worth, especially after making payments for a few years.
That is because they purchased leather, warrantees, maintenance plans and chrome plus labor. They then had that added to the bike loan. These addons DON NOT increase the value of the bike no matter what anyone or any sales people tell you.

Congrads with your new bike but have patience and pay as you can go.

Last edited by leicafish; 10-18-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by matt25
i am going to buy my new bike tommro. and i can not decide on what kind of exhaust to get. i am kind of on a budget. bub makes some that are cheaper. but i can finance the SE in on the bike. any one have them on????????????
I've got SE on my '05 Softail Deluxe and think the sound is perfect -- nice rumble but not too loud. The choice is really subjective, just depends on your perception!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:37 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have them on my '07 Deuce, & at first I thought to myself these are not loud enough. But I decided to keep 'em for a while. After about 2K, they sound louder & better. Have a good Harley sound, but not too loud, I like 'em.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Kustomhd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for a good looking pipe and for you money Rush Is the way to go. 1.75 on both baffles (right and Left) If you like the look of the Factory CVO 4" mufflers you can go to fullsac.com and pick up so really nice baffles. I have seen this on a bike and it really sounded good. If you are interested I Have a couple sets of very nice CVO Factory mufflers.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the 4" touring slip ons on an 09 UC and bolted the slash down end caps onto them. At idle and if you take it easy they are quiet enough not to attract too much attention, but when you crack the throttle or spool it up on the road they sound nice.
As others have said-- not too loud, but not too quiet either. I can't imagine ever getting ticketed for these being too loud.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:10 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

From all I've on them they are only a couple db's louder than stock,, If that's all U want then there U go. They are a little deeper, but most who like them have radios and want to hear them..
Few like them if they want some sound coming out.....they tried to sell them to me back when I got mine in 07. One of the salesmen who talked them up put them on and about a month later took them off his Ultra..Think they were pushing them...

All kinds out there to get,,,, I ended up with Rush 2'', I like them so well when I did cams this spring I still stayed with them... Knowning I am giving up some TQ. with them over a 2-1 sysyem... the wife and I love the sound, deep and throaty,,, as good as any we've heard....

Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Hog Hvn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt25
i had reainhearts (sp) on my road star and they were the shiz. i loved them. loud as F. but sadly they were way to loud. i got 2 tickets with them. they were also like 1200 bucks.
I have the reinharts, not as loud with the cat. converters.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
CanFL
Cruiser

Have the S.E. s and just right for me.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
matt25
Road Captain

i am a little more grown up than i was when i bought my road star. i can now respect a bike that is not so obnoxis. my wife and i like to go for nice little 30mph back roads cruises and chat. . so i think the se will be just about perfect. and if they are not quite loud enaugh i will just get some new baffles. you can do that right?????

Quick Reply: screaming eagle exhaust?????? junk or what