General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — A pair of hoax ads on Craigslist cost an Oregon man much of what he owned.
The ads popped up Saturday afternoon, saying the owner of a Jacksonville home was forced to leave the area suddenly and his belongings, including a horse, were free for the taking, said Jackson County sheriff's Detective Sgt. Colin ***an.
But Robert Salisbury had no plans to leave. The independent contractor was at Emigrant Lake when he got a call from a woman who had stopped by his house to claim his horse.
On his way home he stopped a truck loaded down with his work ladders, lawn mower and weed eater.
"I informed them I was the owner, but they refused to give the stuff back," Salisbury said. "They showed me the Craigslist printout and told me they had the right to do what they did."
The driver sped away after rebuking Salisbury. On his way home he spotted other cars filled with his belongings.
Once home he was greeted by close to 30 people rummaging through his barn and front porch.
The trespassers, armed with printouts of the ad, tried to brush him off. "They honestly thought that because it appeared on the Internet it was true," Salisbury said. "It boggles the mind."
Jacksonville police and Jackson County sheriff's deputies arrived but by then several cars packed with Salisbury's property had fled.

Craigslist can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned
+ one!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

The old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" applies to Craigslist as well as to all the other gimmicks trying to get your hard earned $$.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

i scored a free pure bread yeller lab last week!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:29 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found & bought my bike on the list, the guy ended up living within 5 miles from me.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 PM
bmac1000
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought many Jap bikes do a carb job,batt.,detail,tires whatever double your money sometimes tripple one mans junk anothers treasure with just a little labor and a few choice pieces,always take a friend wether its a warm body or a little friend in your pocket always leave directions, address and name of person dealing with,always call home when I get there,always call home when I leave,so far so good,but ther is some shady characters out there just be cautious and use your best judgment and you can score some very good deals and get rid of crap and clutter when needed

Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

When I decided to get back into riding I was looking for a smaller, older bike to relearn on. I bought this 1982 Kawasaki KZ440 off the local Craigslist for less than a grand.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Tbyrd
Tourer

I have heard far too many stories of people getting ripped off, that is why I would only buy locally like I did for the sissy bar

Old 11-24-2009, 04:02 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbyrd
I have heard far too many stories of people getting ripped off, that is why I would only buy locally like I did for the sissy bar
In Dayton, people selling stuff on craigslist get robbed regularly when they meet someone to show them the item.
It's hapened like 4 or 5 times this year

Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
CrashX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scored a V&H Pro-Pipe, front fender and inner fairing for $75.00.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Nakkedbiker
Advanced

My 2009 Ultra 2 tone ROOT BEER....

Quick Reply: Craigslist