General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist

Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Tbyrd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craigslist

What's your best craigslist find for a part or accessory? Mine was today, I got a detachable sissy bar, complete with backrest and skull medallion for $100.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does arm candy count? Found a date at the last minute for a military dinner once.

Girl I was gonna take - grandmother died, friend's wife suggested Craig's List (at $80 per ticket, wasn't gonna go stag). With less than 24 hours to spare, had a dozen responses - 6 w/pics. "Interviewed" 2 of them, selected 1. It worked out well.

Married guys were jealous. Wanted to know where I find all these different women they see me with.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 PM
swoopjr
Tourer

I got a reduced reach peg kit for my v rod for $100 list was around $300 I think. when it showed up there was a extra set of pegs in the box, sold them for $100 = free kit

Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 AM
IronButt62
Cruiser

Picked up a road king leather tour pack for $175. Turned out it was bolted to a detachable rack. Sold the rack on Flea bay and ended up with a tour pack on my Heritage for under $100.

Non Harley related: Picked up a pair of Zipp 404 racing wheels (bicycle) for $150 one morning. Sold them for $525 on Flea Bay in the afternoon.

You never know what's gonna come up on Craigslist!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:44 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah a friend of mine was trying to get a room mate... Fake checks emptied his checking account...

I stay away from Craigslist!

Charlie D.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:07 AM
obonaven
Road Master

My bike 2006 Dyna SuperGlide with 1800 miles on it. $10K

T-Bag travel bag for $15.00.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I found this ad on craigslist for making money when you send ipods and stuff to Nigeria.
I sent like 10 grand worth, and they are paying me 50K for them

Should get the check any day now

Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
luvstoride
Novice

V&H Pro pipe. Like new. $125.00. Looks and sounds great on the bike. I only buy local from Craigslist. Too many scams on there.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:11 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Exhaust (True duals with fishtails Samson) $200. Later on I decided I wnated Vance and Hines and put those on, but still have the Samson's hanging around.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — A pair of hoax ads on Craigslist cost an Oregon man much of what he owned.
The ads popped up Saturday afternoon, saying the owner of a Jacksonville home was forced to leave the area suddenly and his belongings, including a horse, were free for the taking, said Jackson County sheriff's Detective Sgt. Colin ***an.
But Robert Salisbury had no plans to leave. The independent contractor was at Emigrant Lake when he got a call from a woman who had stopped by his house to claim his horse.
On his way home he stopped a truck loaded down with his work ladders, lawn mower and weed eater.
"I informed them I was the owner, but they refused to give the stuff back," Salisbury said. "They showed me the Craigslist printout and told me they had the right to do what they did."
The driver sped away after rebuking Salisbury. On his way home he spotted other cars filled with his belongings.
Once home he was greeted by close to 30 people rummaging through his barn and front porch.
The trespassers, armed with printouts of the ad, tried to brush him off. "They honestly thought that because it appeared on the Internet it was true," Salisbury said. "It boggles the mind."
Jacksonville police and Jackson County sheriff's deputies arrived but by then several cars packed with Salisbury's property had fled.

Craigslist can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist