General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing : Kuryakin, Tsukayu or Dragon Fly ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
JOHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fairing : Kuryakin, Tsukayu or Dragon Fly ?

Hello

I am going to buy a Fairing for my Heritage.

I am interested in your experience with : Kuryakin Fairing or Tsukayu Fairing or Dragon Fly Fairing.

I don't mind the radio. May be the GPS (Tsukayu).
I'm just looking for better protection, quality and design, and I want to keep an easy riding.

Thank you for your inputs.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM
ctbird53
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If moneys not a problem Id go with the Dragonfly or a Hoppe. Woodys fairing are good too & may be cheaper Try www.woodysfairings.com/

Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I know you didn't mention Dead Center, but I love mine. And I can tell you, they have the very best customer service I've ever seen. Just another option for you.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have an older version Dragonfly, and I'm really impressed with how robust they are. I chose Dragonfly for the following reasons:
  1. quality of construction. Mine is an older fiberglass version, and it is solid, with absolutely no shaking or vibration. I gather the newer versions are even more stout, if that's possible.
  2. Best looking inner fairing. After all, the inner fairing is what I'm going to see 95% of the time. Internal mount speakers look factory, unlike the external mount speakers on almost every other fairing.
  3. Closest in appearance to the HD fairings. Any windshield that will work on a HD fairing will work on a Dragonfly. Most other accessories bolt right up as well.
  4. Support and customer service. Dragonfly's headquarters is a little more than an hour ride from my house. Nice people who have bent over backwards to help me, even though I'm not the original owner of the fairing. I guess that's not much help to you, considering you're on the other side of the planet.
I see a fair amount of used quadzilla fairings on the market. You rarely see a dragonfly or dead center. And in almost every case, it's because the original owner sold the bike, and he decided to sell the fairing seperately. (If you've ever traded in a bike, you know the dealers won't give squat for any accessories on your bike).

I always thought I'd be able to go back and forth between the fairing and windshield, but after getting this one mounted up and riding with it, I don't think my windshield is going to see much use ever again.

I think you'll be happy with whatever you wind up with. Just shop carefully and get the best deal you can.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Hoppe's I've seen.
Marsh

Last edited by Marsh; 11-24-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

Hoppe Quadzilla here. I love it, I checked out several of the competors during Bike Week and it seemed to have better quality. I've had it almost two years with no complaints.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:18 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tsukayu on mine

Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

Wide Open Customs for me. Great customer service.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Cyphilis
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you considered the new memphis shades fairing? Its the cheapest by far, under $200. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...p?skuId=233136

Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 AM
JOHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello.
Thanks a lot for all your feedback. These were valuable advises to me. As I live in France, I have visited all web sites from products you mentionned and I'm impressed by the quality and variety of the offerings. The decision became even more difficult than when I started the thread...whith much more choice.
I focused on e-stores based in US and asked questions to them concerning products and shipping, etc...
Based on reactivity, quality of e-sales teams, and advise they provided (or not), I make my choice : Tsukayu GPS Fairing.
Good e-sales team, easy to deal with, good product (as far as I can see), easy to install, GPS and radio, low shipping rates.
I was very disappointed by Kuryakyn e-sales teams that didn’t care very much of my questions.....
Other stores were OK but not at the level of Tsukayu.

Let’s see now the delivery, the product and the installation.

I will let you know and will post picture when it’s completed.

Thanks again a lot.....

JoHD

Quick Reply: Fairing : Kuryakin, Tsukayu or Dragon Fly ?