General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Credit Corp

Old 12-28-2009, 08:01 AM
HunterBLT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Credit Corp

I am not new to the financial world. I am partners with a guy and we own a automotive equipment company. One of the biggest problems we have right now is collecting monies for product or services that we provide. Until recently I have had good experiences with Harley credit, but I have noticed that with this last bike I financed though them, they start calling if I am one day past the due date. I do understand what a due date is, don't get me wrong, it's a due date, but I also know that I should have a grace period. When talking to the customer service rep's at Harley Credit about this, it's like they have a chip on their shoulders now. In the past they have been quite curious. Is something going on at Harley credit we should be aware of? Anybody else having these same issues? Maybe it is just the sign of the times and I should try and be more on time (not 2 or 3 days late) with my payments. I usually paid on line and not send snail mail, so it's not like I get the time in the mail excuse. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, but I am still curious about my previous questions.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:14 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

They did that to me on my first payment stating that they wanted to make sure I had all the info. Haven't heard from them since. I don't pay late though. I think though with the way things are going economically when money gets tight a lot of people put money into necessities rather than toys and they want to keep on top of things.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 AM
fastalkintn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I understand it, Harley credit, Like alot of other credit sources are feeling the pinch of hard times and have done away with a "grace period". They feel like the 30 days between payments is grace enough. I think the chip on their shoulder comes from the way they are treated by alot of folks when they call them. Nobody likes getting those calls, but the people on the other end are just doing their job. I dont like it and I dont agree with it but that is the way it was explained to me.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,098 Likes on 1,023 Posts

H-D credit corp made WAY too many BAD loans the last few years. They are just trying to save ther *** now.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 AM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

??? You have a due date, meet it. You had the option of choosing your due date when you initiated the loan, should have chosen a date that allowed you enough time for the payment to arrive. You own an equipment company?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:55 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1plumr1
??? You have a due date, meet it. You had the option of choosing your due date when you initiated the loan, should have chosen a date that allowed you enough time for the payment to arrive. You own an equipment company?
my thoughts exactly!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:02 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by aviator
my thoughts exactly!
some of us sometimes need to use that grace period on some bills.
We aren't all made of money

Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
some of us sometimes need to use that grace period on some bills.
We aren't all made of money
I heard that. I live on a small pension, and have to be very careful of every dollar I spend. BUT, I do make all of my payments on time.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read they're calling if you're past the due date.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:13 AM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use auto-pay on all monthly bills. Surely Harley has auto-pay. If not use your bank's easy-pay service. Everytime you are late, your credit score takes a hit. Five years ago you could catch a break, no longer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Credit Corp