General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wife hates bikes..............

Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 PM
magnum629c
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default my wife hates bikes..............

My wife does not like bikes just not her thing.........My old bike she hated and would not get on. I just got the softail and she told me she liked the bike...what ? I was shocked... Truth is a few girls she works with there husdbands are in a harley only club and i think she felt my old 88 sporty was 2 junky looking and was 2 small for both of us that she felt embarrassed to be on the bike. When she saw how nice this 03 I got was she was real nice about it..shocking.... I did get her on the softail for a small 4 mile ride before winter but she really only went for me............. So heres what im asking I would love for her to ride with me one day. anyone out there ever have a wife that hated riding and years later out of no where now love to ride?????

Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 PM
drjones
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dated a girl like that years ago. She loved me, but wasn't into my motorcycle. I took her for a couple of rides, but didn't push it on her. I never minded riding by myself anyway.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:29 PM
chadlong7487
Advanced

My wife loves to ride but she didnt want me to buy a bike... She has no idea about the money I spend on it... She would really hate it if she knew...

Old 01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
US66harley
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine hates them. Wouldnt even come out and look at it when We brought it home. And mine was brand new off the showroom floor. Still has no interest.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should be a good husband, and just give me your bike so you two can go parkin on the moonlit beach more often in the cage...

Mine didn't really care for bikes. Wasn't interested in getting one. But she was entertaining the idea of an automatic scooter so she could ride along with me some times. We got her a burgman and during the first attempt to show her how to work the throttle and brake, she had a spill that put her out of commission for 6 weeks. She's ok and back to work now, just needs to take it easy for a while longer. She's not sure she wants to attempt it again, and I'm not going to force her. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. If she don't I may be sellin the burgman or tradin it for a harley or parts... and maybe

Last edited by CroK; 01-10-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:36 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hey you got the first step you got her on it and now that you have one she sort of likes and a little club you may be in and she may want to ride.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

when i was 12 years old my grandpa asked me what i was gonna do when i grew up if i had a wife that did not like motorcycles.. i told him i would get a new wife....my wife went out and bought a honda shadow a week after meeting me, she talks about it all the time, she just hasnt rode it in 3 years..atleast she accepts me

Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
CroK
Banned

Originally Posted by j1mmy
when i was 12 years old my grandpa asked me what i was gonna do when i grew up if i had a wife that did not like motorcycles.. i told him i would get a new wife....my wife went out and bought a honda shadow a week after meeting me, she talks about it all the time, she just hasnt rode it in 3 years..atleast she accepts me
wanna trade the shadow for a burgman?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:49 PM
CroK
Banned

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
hey you got the first step you got her on it and now that you have one she sort of likes and a little club you may be in and she may want to ride.
DON'T USE THE CLUB ON HER!!! (even if it's a little one, there are spousal abuse laws now)...

(I know, you meant the mc club, but funny still, and be glad I didn't go the other way with it!)

Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

mine loves riding, always made comments about one day after this or that is payed off it would be nice to have one of her own, one day one day..... 2 christmases ago I buy her a sportster, 03 anniversary 1200c lots of extras on it 4500 miles pulled it off without her knowing, snuck out in the middle of the night picked it up at my buddys had it in the center of the garage with a big red bow.... thinking I'm the cats meow I did good, bring her down christmas morning have the cam corder running......... nothing, why would you do that, didn't want any parts of it. But She rides with me every chance she gets.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my wife hates bikes..............