General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever Done Testy - Festy?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
It's only the 'wild west' when flatlanders come and bring their toys to play new millennium cowboy or whatever.
Indeed, Montanan's are among the most hospitable people on earth, but if you start trouble, they'll finish it!.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 AM
skydrifter
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the testy fest two years ago it was wild and I had a good time. Did not see any stabbings or shootings but one fist fight but it was over quick they both were kicked out. We stayed in Missoula and took a bus out to the Testy Fest. Glad we did because cops were everywhere on I-90 we saw at least a dozen people pulled over on our bus ride back to town.
I may stop there again on my way to Sturgis for my fiends who haven't been before but I will not stay long a couple of hours is all this old boy needs. I will tell my friends I will meet them back in town have fun.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by krusty1
Indeed, Montanan's are among the most hospitable people on earth, but if you start trouble, they'll finish it!.
Good to know

I live in a town that gets a lot of year-round tourist traffic as we're right off I-90, close to Yellowstone and lots of good fishing and skiing. +/- a week of Sturgis, we get tons of "bikers."

You just have to remember that these are folks on vacation who like to do things they don't do in their workaday life back in the flatlands. A lot of them try to be more "Montanan" than Montanans, though. We've got bars that handle that kind of thing just fine. They get a little crazy, have some fun, and have a good laugh when showing the YouTube vids to guys at work a month later.

But then we've got our bars, too And some great roadhouses out in the country. Never figured out why the Sturgis crowd never checks any of them out. (If anyone rides out this way in the summer, I'd be glad to meet out at one, then show you a good backroad ride.)

If you want to see unedited, pure Montana, go to Evel Knievel Days in Butte, in July. Bikers + miners. Butte is pure Montana, though some Montanans say Butte is pure Butte. Either way, it's the real deal.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
..I think I see Gump in the back ground

THAT'S where I met Momma !!!!!

OUCH !! OH Chit!!! Honey, I thought you had left for work, already.

Originally Posted by krusty1
It definitely brings together a 'festive' crowd. I've never seen a shooting or stabbing, but I've heard they do happen. I'm sure the Rock Creek Chamber of Commerce (if it existed) would insist that shootings and stabbings don't occur every year, and that the vast majority of participants manage to enjoy the party without suffering a single unwanted bodily penetration. [No warranties expressed or implied regarding transmission of STD's]. I've seen people picked up and thrown out of the 'resort' if they make the extreme faux pas of reaching up and touching a 'participant'. Even at Testy Festy there's a code of conduct.

At least you don't have to worry about some yahoos bringing their kids in and getting upset about what's going on (which is what ruined downtown Sturgis).....no kids allowed at Testy Festy. Weapons are also not allowed, but that's probably more of a suggestion....this is the wild west, remember....everyone's armed.
Nah. What 'ruined' downtown Sturgis, was the COST. As in, "cost" of LEOs. The security end, got so $$$, they started passing tougher city ordnances. IT WORKED. The "party" moved out of downtown, THINK - CHIP !!!!
IT is NOW on private property, security is THEIR prob and expense.

The "kids" came afterwards. As did Full Troddle, and ALL that other stuff, East of town.
Unfortunately, 'Town' is between you, and the Slab. (Creep 'n Beep Traffic vs Air Cooled V twin.)

We did the "Red Lodge" 5 yrs ago. "********-Festival", is on the list, THANX. Peshally if they move it to align with Sturgis.

Do they offer the AARP discounts there, like Sturgis ??? N E body know ????

Old 01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It must be fun, my IT has the site blocked!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Buckle up for that one, it's only 35-40 miles from where I live. It can get seriously rowdy over there. By that, I'm talking about a few stabbings, and a couple of shootings. When you say adult entertainment, you're absolutely right. Lots of folks, and pretty wild. Some folks swear by it, saying its the best times they've ever had. Others say it's a little too over the top. Just beware, the later it gets, the rowdier it becomes. It's an all night event every night it's going on.

Are you EVER gonna blow up that sig pic , so we can REALLY N JOY, that paint job ????????????????
I am 'normally' a rather patient fellow, and THIS IS the 3rd time I've 'akst'.
DON'T make me bring my Boyz out there, and whoop yur azz !!!

Huh? Whutch you mean, "What do I spect you to do?"

I spect you to stand there and get yur azz whoopt, That's what !!!

NOW, edit that pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It hurts my eyes, to stare at pics that small.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Greybeard Bob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And don't forget what its all about, a plate of testies is some really good stuff, everybody should try some!!

Bob

Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through there with a band about 7 years ago. The "Festival" was in full swing. We stayed long enough to get a plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters and then we had to keep moving. It was one of the best things I've ever randomly come upon while out on the road!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Gump, I shot ya a PM. My puter skills suck. I"ve tried to blow that damn thing up, and all I get are rejects.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Evil Stepdad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We stopped in on our way to Sturgis last year, the timing was perfect. We had to keep rolling on, so we couldn't stay late, but definitely plan to keep it on our itinerary for our next trip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever Done Testy - Festy?