General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get the best deal from a local dealership offering 0% interest for 48 months.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Triathalator1983
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get the best deal from a local dealership offering 0% interest for 48 months.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and was looking for some advice in purchasing a new 2010 Street Glide from a local dealership here in Wisconsin that is offering 0% interest for 48 months. I've been reading other posts that suggest making an offer, and even going below MSRP, but I'm concerned they will not want to budge since they are offering such a good finance rate.

Also, I will be trading in my 2007 Heritage Softail so that will be a factor as well.

I'm thinking this is the right time to buy, considering motorcycle season here isn't for a couple of months. Any advice on how I can get the best deal? Can I negotiate with the freight and setup fees, cruise, ABS?? Below MSRP? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Kagan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go set the deal up and let us know what you were offered. That's a place to start.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate!! And, have a good sized down payment.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

OK,OK I'll bite on this one. Exactly which financial institution is offering 0% for 48 months?

Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Triathalator1983
1st Gear

Originally Posted by LA VIC
OK,OK I'll bite on this one. Exactly which financial institution is offering 0% for 48 months?

I'm not sure if they have a bank/credit uninon backing them or if it's through Harley. I'm going in to talk to them on Wednesday. The dealership is Sauk Prairie Harley Davidson in Sauk City, WI (http://saukprairiehd.com/). They have two offers: 0% for 48 months or $2500 off/instore credit on your purchase. I think the 0% sounds like a better deal myself!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 AM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

Tell them you'll take the in-store credit against the cost of the bike. They may say no the first time but they may eventually come around. When they get desperate enough and want to sell a bike they will.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 113 Likes on 40 Posts

Sometimes dealers play the old shell game. Give you 0 interest, but they get that back at the sale as they just charge that much more for the bike. Not saying that is the case here, but could be. If you can, check with another dealer for price of the same bike, with their regular interest rates. I have had this pulled on me at car dealers. I walked out, and went to another dealer who did not play games.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got 1.5% on my Heritage, no freight charge, and $1500 credit for service and accessories 2 years ago when the economy was starting to tank. The 1.5% financing was from Harley and the other discounts came from the dealership. You should be able to negotiate the same type deal. What made it a bit easier is there are 5 HD dealerships in my area and I called 3 of them to see what deal they offered. I do remember one of them saying they they'd take nothing else off.

Last edited by barjbar; 02-04-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You have three componest to your transaction

Trade Value

Total Cost

Interest rate

Do not comfuse or allow the to mix all three. Usually what happens you take in the shorts on the trade in and actual sales cost.

Negotiate the Trade-in

Negotiate the Sales Cost

Then Negotiate the term and rate.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Triathalator1983
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tully_mars
Tell them you'll take the in-store credit against the cost of the bike. They may say no the first time but they may eventually come around. When they get desperate enough and want to sell a bike they will.

So they are going to let me use the $2500 towards the purchase of the bike. So that is essentially getting it below MSRP right? I took others advice and checked different dealerships and the prices are in line.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get the best deal from a local dealership offering 0% interest for 48 months.