Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't have a gremlin bell.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:25 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member
Received 301 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Did I make up that statement? Of course I did, do you plagiarize what other people write and think or do you make it up yourself? And growing up has nothing to do with riding safely? Glad I don't ride with you. Is it possible you aren't as smart as you think you are?
You made the statement that those that have the bell don't ride carefully. All I asked is how do you know that - and that was just one of three questions I asked. You had 3 choices. I wanted to know how you came up with that statement, that's all.
You still didn't answer my other question - do you tell them that they are not riding carefully or do you just let them continue to ride badly??
I'll say it again - - slower this time - - Growing up has nothing to do with safe riding. I know a few riders that are old and they are not the safest riders around by a long shot.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Kreitoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gremlin Bells.

Gremlin Bells have nothing to do with whether you will get in an accident or not. It is simply a folklore from WWII to keep 'Gremlins' away from bikes. So no point in jumping all over others about it. Consider it a 'Good Luck' charm in the vein of rabbit's foot, four leaf clover, tossing salt over your shoulder or any of the others. Some rides have a priest or other clergy bless the bikes. With the massive number of mindless people in cages on the road these days I'll take all the 'good luck' I can get and keep my eyes and head on constant swivel.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER View Post
You made the statement that those that have the bell don't ride carefully. All I asked is how do you know that - and that was just one of three questions I asked. You had 3 choices. I wanted to know how you came up with that statement, that's all.
You still didn't answer my other question - do you tell them that they are not riding carefully or do you just let them continue to ride badly??
I'll say it again - - slower this time - - Growing up has nothing to do with safe riding. I know a few riders that are old and they are not the safest riders around by a long shot.
You seem to think you are the moral superior here. You are the one that needs to read more carefully. And if you know older riders that aren't safe then they are stupid aren't they? I don't ride with idiots so why would I waste my time telling those I see riding like fools anything?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Uncle Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5,901 Likes on 3,763 Posts

Originally Posted by Trex View Post
You idiots think a little bell is goina protect you? Better get your sht together
Seriously? Lighten up Louise! It's all in good fun .

Last edited by Uncle Larry; 01-10-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling :>)
Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member
Received 301 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry View Post
He probably tells his kids that there is no Santa Clause too.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 01:27 PM
kcollins
Default gremlin bell

ive hinted to my GF a few times, she just dont get it.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM
2010AAA86

Well I have two, yes two on my bike, one from my brother and one from my son in law ...they ride with me.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:19 PM
MGH

I was introduced to a bell in 1983, was on an early Goldwing, some of my HD friends put it on my bike without me knowing it was there. then the deer quit running in front of my bike. the HD's all had nice loud pipes to warn them away. the bell worked for the Goldwing... no more close calls.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:41 AM
hd4evr2008
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 543 Likes on 316 Posts

I have a drawer full of them. I've taken them off every bike I've had. Just a dumb little annoying thing hanging off my bike frame. Been riding since 1966 without one, no accidents so far. Guess I'm safer without one! Lol

Old 01-20-2019, 09:40 AM
Trex
Road Master

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry View Post
You old fat guys with all the bells and patch's and biker flair that rise below the speed limit are goof *****

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don't have a gremlin bell.

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: