Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't have a gremlin bell.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:07 PM
Malazan
One Of The Regulars
Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Just gave my friend one

Old 03-19-2019, 07:07 PM
Beagleboy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never had one

Old 03-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Radsdad

I've had one on every bike and this one ripped of I don't know when. As for it being a gift. Just get one

Old 03-26-2019, 05:42 AM
-AV8R-
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onadraw View Post
I don't have a gremlin bell. My understanding is that it should be received as a gift for max effect.

I was thinking, we should have a list of others that don't have a bell so one of us might randomly send a bell to another forum member.

So, if you don't have a bell, post here and I will send at least one bell out to someone. Once you have a bell please update your post on this thread to say that you now have one.

My thought is that I don't want to initiate a trade, I just want to randomly send a bell to someone and hopefully someone else would choose to send me a bell as a gift. What do you guys think of this idea?
Ive never had one. My understanding is that the meaning of this bell has been misunderstood over the years, and that it was originally intended as a Ďgiftí for new riders. Itís intended purpose was to make noise so that when the rider was riding with a group or club the riders near him would hear the bell and know that they were close to a new rider, so they could be aware extra caution may be needed. It was essentially a noob bell, so other riders would know to keep their distance in group rides. Somewhere along the way a superstition developed and now the common belief is that the bell is supposed to bring some sort of luck. I personally have never had one in 25 years of riding and donít intend to.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:47 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member
Received 303 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by -AV8R- View Post
Ive never had one. My understanding is that the meaning of this bell has been misunderstood over the years, and that it was originally intended as a Ďgiftí for new riders. Itís intended purpose was to make noise so that when the rider was riding with a group or club the riders near him would hear the bell and know that they were close to a new rider, so they could be aware extra caution may be needed. It was essentially a noob bell, so other riders would know to keep their distance in group rides. Somewhere along the way a superstition developed and now the common belief is that the bell is supposed to bring some sort of luck. I personally have never had one in 25 years of riding and donít intend to.
How in the world would a rider hear a tiny bell even riding right next to one - especially on a Harley. NO WAY would a bell be heard. - - unless it was a 500 lb church bell.
I think I would rely on my eyes before my ears in a group.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:22 AM
Radsdad
Old 04-04-2019, 09:00 PM
Shacky73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had one.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:49 PM
mattywrecker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a cool idea. I donít really have anyone I ride with, or know anyone who would even know what one of these is to gift to me. Iíll try and filter through the negative banter and find someone still without that is wanting one- whatever their reason- really doesnít matter.

The following users liked this post:
SoCalHDMC (04-22-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 02:13 PM
splattttttt
Club Member
Received 318 Likes on 290 Posts

Found the part that swings (what ever its called) on the garage flor. Put it right back on.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:13 PM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by mattywrecker View Post
This is a cool idea. I donít really have anyone I ride with, or know anyone who would even know what one of these is to gift to me. Iíll try and filter through the negative banter and find someone still without that is wanting one- whatever their reason- really doesnít matter.
Exactly. Nothing more than what Cool Humans do for each other.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don't have a gremlin bell.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: