Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Where to hide or store Insurance and registration on Fatboy Lo (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/492290-where-to-hide-or-store-insurance-and-registration-on-fatboy-lo.html)

MilesJ 03-21-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chale Bombo (Post 6437682)
Other than the incredible extra weight that you registration and insurance cards hold, Why would anyone want to stash it on their bike!?

I carry mine cause i hate carrying it around in my wallet all the time even when I'm not on the bike. I have enough crap in there. And I have been known to forget it and at best I don't' want the fines for failure to produce, or at worst, the towing charge for not having them.

Mouth 03-21-2010 06:08 PM

Docs

I've got a HD money clip that I keep all my docs in when I going for a ride. I keep it in my jeans or jacket pocket.

wildbill118 03-22-2010 08:51 PM

Back in the "old days" they made seats that were on hinges and locked shut. I put them in a plastic bag under the seat back then. They also made a place to lock your helmet in place by the chin strap ring. Now that neither seem to exist I just put them in a baggie inside my helmet liner. No one wants to steal a stinky old helmet.

ashmarc 03-22-2010 09:06 PM

You guys crack me up....

So someone steals your insurance card and registration.....you only need a copy of them with you anyways..... not the originals.

Do you honestly think that's secret information?

Got any idea how much info regular folks can find out about you through "public records" and the good 'ol internet? A lot more than your bikes VIN number....

I love to see paranoia.....it's very entertaining.

wcsj55@yahoo.com 03-22-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by MilesJ (Post 6437493)
Hell if they steal my bike they already have my Serial number and plate number, Not quite sure what they could possibly do with my insurance policy number. :icon_denk:

I Agree !!
I keep copys of both in the bikes all the time,always have !!!

2kids3pets 03-22-2010 09:14 PM

Just stick in your wallet...talk about over complicating something

IndyClassic 03-22-2010 10:09 PM

I am curious......bike is stolen, big bummer. What additional damage can thief do with the registration and insurance info? Can't sell it legit, that can only happen with title and that slip of paper will never see the bike.

So I guess I am one of the few id-jits packing it in the bikes bag. I guess they could sneak in, see where I live and try to take it when I am not home?

oct1949 03-23-2010 12:34 AM

on my grips, just pull the end caps off the clutch side and stick them in there

OceanTwo 03-23-2010 10:05 AM

A Man-Purse.

Just sayin'.

toastman 03-23-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by oct1949 (Post 6445745)
on my grips, just pull the end caps off the clutch side and stick them in there

if youre serious and this isnt a joke that's a f*ckin james bond move, man