General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biltwell vs. Bell Custom 500

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by warrick
Does anyone have any other feedback on this Bell Custom 500. I am thinking of getting one. Are they actually smaller?
Here is mine , it is really cool, the finish is AMAZING, the size is perfect and I look just like a 70's dorky Austin Powers

Attached Thumbnails Biltwell vs. Bell Custom 500-img-008mss.jpg  
Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klf33
Here is mine , it is really cool, the finish is AMAZING, the size is perfect and I look just like a 70's dorky Austin Powers
Awesome, thank you! The pic definitely helped, not one fo the super huge domes, i know all DOT are gonna be kinda big, but that looks good and is the one I want.

Very much appreciated!

Old 06-17-2010, 02:14 PM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case anyone was interested about some info on the Bell Custom 500 (especially those with a smaller head).

I got an e-mail back from Bell PowerSports, and they do use 2 different shell sizes for the 500. 1 for xs-m, 1 for l-xxl, which is key in eliminating all of the stuffed padding on small helmets with enormous shells.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is hilarious!!!! your comparing a non-DOT to a DOT....in my eyes that bell looks huge. You should be comparing it to the Fulmer V2 or Daytona 3/4...but a Biltwell c'mon.....lol....by the way my Biltwells dont move a inch at freeway speeds.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

My favorite pic of the Bell Custom 500 "Stunt" paint scheme (not mine, found it on Google search)

Attached Thumbnails Biltwell vs. Bell Custom 500-bauercyclesectordog.jpg  
Old 06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
jakeg823
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke with a buddy of mine who is a tattoo artist and pinstriper about doing one of these for me if I get one and he got all excited cuz he just did a silver one a few weeks ago and was excited about how it came out. Probably gonna order a orange one.

Also do these come with a shield? He said he had the hookup if I got one and it didn't come with a shield

Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My stunt came in a couple weeks ago from J&P cycles. They shipped very quickly! I gotta tell ya the pictures don't do this helmet any justice. The coloring has an aged yellowish tint for the base color and in the sun this has plenty of sparkling flake in the paint. The satin-like diamond stitching is really beatuful as well. I wore mine last week to one of the local HD club rides and to a meeting, and got tons of compliments.

As for sizing, I followed the size chart from bell. I went by my hat size that I wear in the military. 7 1/8th and ordered a MD. I thought it was a little small at first, but it loosened up just a tad and fits perfectly to my dome. Their size chart is dead on so you may just have to measure your head before ordering. BTW, I'd go with J&P because from what I hear people are waiting more than a month for Bell to ship. Mine took 3 days to arrive.

Actually, I just looked at JPs website and they are now out of stock. I bet it will be hard to find these helmets before long, but I expect Bell to produce another line with different designs.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
UpNorthIron
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a small, head measures 22 1/8", lets hope she fits!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:11 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Remeber Bell isn't anything near what they were back in the Bell Motor Sports Days. Back then they were the best

Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by warrick
Awesome, thank you! The pic definitely helped, not one fo the super huge domes, i know all DOT are gonna be kinda big, but that looks good and is the one I want.

Very much appreciated!
I got an even better one for ya

Quick Reply: Biltwell vs. Bell Custom 500