General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer prices!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
RKMCOSCAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer prices!

on new bikes are most dealers pretty close to price as the next or would you shop several dealers? Im thinking most likely ya need to shop a few different dealers but I would preffer to stay fairly local...Im in Michigan close to Sandys Harley davidson any one have good dealing with them? are there prices comparable?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 AM
ia2189
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't speak for that area but I would absolutely shop around. I tried buying used from the local dealers here and we weren't even close on a deal. Ended up going private-party and saved a couple grand. Just remember, every dollar you save on purchase price can then be applied to accessories! Good luck!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Just like car prices....shop till you drop and you might save $2k. Go on the HD website and hit the dealer locator...then at least call around and see what you find. You should be able to get at least $1k off MSRP just about anywhere but I would imagine in Michigam even more.

Then if your local guy has the bike you want...give him a chance to meet or beat the price.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Nikon D700
Cruiser

You would be well served by shopping around. Even if you don't by locally you can have warranty work done at a dealership closer to home.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Definately shop around and be willing to travel a distance for the best deal. I think dealer's pricing has everything to do with location. Out here in the desert southwest where the riding season is practically year ' round the dealers seem less likely to really deal much below MSRP. Out east maybe or up north where winters hang on you might find dealers a bit more hungry. I found the present state of the economy had little to do with my recent purchase, nor was there any impact on new bike prices due to a multitude of late model used bikes on the market. My local dealer cant seem to keep bikes on the sales floor!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No hard fast rules here but generally speaking, smaller dealerships have fewer bikes to sell annually and therefore seem less inclined to discount. If nothing else, give Town & Country (Cement City) a call. They always seem to have the best prices and should give you a no hassle OTD price over the phone. A good reality check even if you buy somewhere else. Definately easier to bargain if you have an alternative........

Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 PM
eddie62
Advanced

I have found that dealer prices are usually close to each other,but like everyone said, there are a ton of good deals on pre owned

Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 306 Likes on 178 Posts

Used to be MSRP was about as good as it got. Some were way above that. Most would throw in a T-shirt (with their name on it).

Lots of thing to deal on, Discounts on accessories, labor, standard services (1000 mi, 5000 mi). Different deals will be worth more to some customers than others.
Myself I went to the dealer that was friendly and helpful when I was shopping around.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Some people go as far as to looking way out of state. I'd try to give Adamec in Jacksonville a call to see what kind of prices they will give you, and then go to your local guy.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM
cmoe
5th Gear

I'm in the Detroit area and ended up going to Grand Rapids Harley for my bike - (616) 896-0111. Got a great deal (and a great trade in - sight unseen) over the Detroit area Dealers. Found out later they traded from a dealer in my area to get the color I wanted.

Quick Reply: Dealer prices!