General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealers in the Central Florida area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
HDCopper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD dealers in the Central Florida area?

Anyone have experience with Harley dealers in the Central Florida area? I have heard some good things about Clermont Harley and Daytona Harley but was interested to see if anyone else has any experience with dealers in this area. I am planning on buying a Street Glide within the next couple of months. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Bert

Old 08-10-2006, 11:04 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD dealers in the Central Florida area?

daytona is very proud of there bikes, if you want to drive a little north ocala is good (bought my sg there) and hollingsworth in st.augustine are both easy to deal with, both over the phone and in person. gainsville hd also ok but dont know eny one who has bought there all will sell @ msrp and hollingsworth prices out the door on there bikes wich is nice.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Fastlane
Tourer

Clermont & Gator in Leesburg are owned by the same family. Real good people and I know good service in Leesburg, never been to Clermont. I've had work done in Daytona, it is OK. Rember when you buy and have service at the same dealer you will build a friendship. Check out the good-bad dealer list. I say Go Gator. I will be quite about Ocala, does that say anything?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought two bikes from the folks at Gator in Leesburg. Some of the best people around. I do most of my busiess at Clermont since they built here. Also great folks. It's a little bit of a wait to get service at Clermont but they have a real small service bay compared to their Leesburg sevice bay.

Orlando is impressivly big. They have a huge selection of bikes. Their ok.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Motor Squad
Cruiser

I personally deal with Gator Harley in Leesburg and have nothing but praise for them. The Clermont shop is owned by the same family and would imagine they are great as well. I know some people that drive a great distance just to deal with Gator, instead of their local dealer.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
softail2005
Road Captain

I live in Portland, Oregon but recently visited the several HD dealers in the Orlando/Daytona/Jacksonville area. Rossmeyer up in Ormond Beach must be the biggest dealer in the world! Its huge, several resturants, two floors and a huge inventory of bikes. He advertises as Daytona Harley but is located up the freeway towards Ormond Beach, about 9 miles above Daytona. Check it out is is quite an experience.

There are several dealers in the Orlando area and their prices seemed very competitive. Shop around prices will vary as much as 3K per dealer. Same thing up here in Oregon. Good Luck

Old 08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
mkelley
Cruiser

I second what fastlane DID NOT say about Ocala. Gnville ok, but are not too friendly. Leesburg or Daytona.
M