Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Ottawa Hills police officer GUILTY!!!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/515420-ottawa-hills-police-officer-guilty.html)

train913 05-26-2010 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by stro1965 (Post 6723936)
I was talking in generalities too. I have heard this a hundred times over the years, usually from a drunk. No sir, you don't pay my salary, I do.

First off how in the hell can you pay your own salary.I wonder what tax bracket your in???

train913 05-26-2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by clicker01 (Post 6723193)
+1 Exactly! Psychology testing needs to include evaluation of critical reasoning skills under pressure. He should have never made it through the system.
I got tagged for speed a couple days ago (12 years since last ticket; so I suppose I was due.). I pulled over, hit the kill button, faced forward and held my open hands beside me, in full view. I didn't flinch much less move a muscle. I did get sited (bummer) but I didn't get shot in the back. This thread may have saved my life...

Is this what this country is coming too,we can't even flinch when we get pulled over without the fear of getting shot?????I definitely know the cop in this case is to blame(considering I'm only like 4-5 miles from the shooting)but how did it come to this????and by the way I STAND BEHIND YOU MIKE MCCLOSKEY.things have to change.hopefully our rally on sunday opened some eyes!!!!

VsTheWorld 05-26-2010 08:28 PM

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

train913 05-26-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by northern64 (Post 6727510)
Seems like he accidentally shot the guy, it would have been nice for him to man up and admit to that rather then point the finger. I would actually have a little more sympathy for the guy.

EXACTLY,instead he tries to push the blame on to the innocent biker!!What the f**k is this guys problem.This whole thing just rubs me real bad,considering it happened in my home town.I think this f**ker deserves to have his spine cut in half.AN EYE FOR AN EYE BABY!!!!!!!

stro1965 05-26-2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by train913 (Post 6771967)
First off how in the hell can you pay your own salary.I wonder what tax bracket your in???

Haven't you heard? Cops make squat, we're all in the poorhouse!

train913 05-26-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by mp (Post 6747309)
What very few posters have pointed out is this was a routine traffic stop, with no reason for the officer's weapon to be displayed at all, no reason for any adrenaline at all. The bikers stopped as soon as they saw the cop. It appears to be sheer cowardice on the officer's part.
I've been stopped for speeding probably ten times in my life, in a fast car, a loud motorcycle (and a quiet one, too, a long time ago) and in my pickup. I've been stopped by the INS to search for Mexicans in my pickup (because of the bed cover). I've been stopped by the DOT. At no time did any of these officers draw a weapon, much less act like they might need to. This person is obviously not a professional police officer, nor is his department a professional department.

Dude like I said before this happened i my home town,and I could not have said it any better,this pathetic P.O.S. of a cop had no business driving a cruiser,he was part time for F**k sakes.I just hope after the rally sunday Ottawa Hills learns a thing or two.

train913 05-26-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by srf52 (Post 6744679)
what i want to know is why do i have to pay for the coffee and donuts while the leo next to me at the counter...well you know :icon_lol:

lmfao

clicker01 05-27-2010 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by train913 (Post 6771967)

The same way people in the military pay their own salaries. We pay taxes, and we're paid with tax dollars.

kuzan 05-27-2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld (Post 6772081)
for every police shooting (OIS) that happens, I'd take a swag there are about 25+ (conservative estimate) that are both justified and absolutely should have occurred - but for the man/woman (fellow citizen) behind the trigger just plain not wanting to kill another human being - regardless of the immediate mortal danger they were in.

(bluntly: the officer didn't take the shot and was wrong not to fire)

The officer hesitated, and for whatever reason either they weren't killed - or their name went on odmp.org and the national memorial

you can be pissed off at cops all you want, but don't for a second think you know what its like to be in the position of making dozens of decisions all at once in the blink of an eye while drawing up slack on a trigger and deciding if you'll take a life. There are harder jobs, and more dangerous jobs, but you won't understand what its like to wear a shield until you actually do so.

/soapbox

And for the record I don't think I'll change any minds on here, but I'll at least attempt to balance out the monday morning quarterbacking and spreading of uninformed opinions.

i totally understand where your coming from your scared and its hard for you to make split second decisions and like i commented before then find another profession because we don't need more under trained officers out there shooting people for no reason other then the fact that they were scared . but back to the point the officer mr white was found guilty of a crime and regardless of the officer feeling his life was at risk because the motorcyclist turned and faced him for a second or that he fired his weapon by mistake whatever his excuse may be he was found guilty of a crime and just like every other criminal out there who gets caught they go to jail cop or not.......i don't see why all these cops are getting upset these are their Laws, oh i know why its cause they might have to follow them now...... don't get upset i'm just speaking my mind nothing towards you unless your one of these under trained cops out there who's afraid of his own shadow ...........just don't shoot me in the back.::D:D:D

kuzan 05-27-2010 11:45 PM

can't we all get along