General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ottawa Hills police officer GUILTY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:19 PM
captaincaveman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil K
I know this will rub a lot of people here the wrong way..but i think cops are getting out of hand. I know a few...and they constantly talk about getting a chance for a little "stick time"...and point out people they would "love to teach a lesson". They also drink and drive. Just watch the current You tube video of the Swat team breaking down the door of a guy with a young kid and wife..shooting his 2 dogs in front of the child..and terrorizing the family over an incorrect tip on drugs. A year ago in Tiffin Ohio..just up the road..an officer shot a woman holding a baby during another botched drug raid..and blew the babies hand off...killing the mother. Too many cops with a superiority complex..and in the job for the wrong reasons. Sad thing is..they usually get suspended with pay..and then reinstated. Makes me sick to think these people are here to "Protect and Serve".
couldn't agree more. Come on down to Logan sometime. Bunch of wannabe hardass, jack-booted thugs

Old 05-16-2010, 01:42 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by MJHJEA
[I
They forget who pays their salary...[/I]

Originally Posted by stro1965
I hate it when I hear this. Unless you actually live IN Ottawa Hills, you don't pay his salary. And assuming he lives there, he pays his own. Just sayin...
talk about being nitpicky.... he is talking in general terms that the citizenship pays their salary, not that he specifically paid the officer's salary....

Last edited by skratch; 05-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:26 PM
goose165
Intermediate

awesome,put him away for along time..

Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will2002
This "LEO" slipped through the cracks in the system. He should have NEVER been a LEO in the first place. The "System" that put him in that position is also guilty. ...A no win situation for ALL involved.
+1 Exactly! Psychology testing needs to include evaluation of critical reasoning skills under pressure. He should have never made it through the system.
I got tagged for speed a couple days ago (12 years since last ticket; so I suppose I was due.). I pulled over, hit the kill button, faced forward and held my open hands beside me, in full view. I didn't flinch much less move a muscle. I did get sited (bummer) but I didn't get shot in the back. This thread may have saved my life...

Old 05-16-2010, 03:01 PM
mudsweatNgears
Cruiser

He gonna get a big boy friend or two or three!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:36 PM
zwide10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skratch
talk about being nitpicky.... he is talking in general terms that the citizenship pays their salary, not that he specifically paid the officer's salary....
Ya, it's always stupid to say "oh we pay their salary" well you know what? If you live on the east coast chances are you probably pay part of my salary. What does that have to do with a darn thing?! If i get an itchy trigger finger are people going to start asking who pays my salary???

Old 05-16-2010, 03:37 PM
train913
Tourer

This is so weird hearing about this on here, it happened in my about 5 miles from my house!!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:53 PM
train913
Tourer

Originally Posted by dog155
LEO is a job that needs to be done,but one for people who should be destined to do such a job.Without actually being at the scene and without knowing the officer,how could one pass judgement.But in today's world our judicial system make me nervous.All together too many miscarriges of justice for my liking.
TELL me PLEASE what does "knowing the poice officer" have to do with anything????? It does not matter who the police officer is if he shat a man in the back without just cause!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
I was talking in generalities too. I have heard this a hundred times over the years, usually from a drunk. No sir, you don't pay my salary, I do.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I think this case is a tragedy for both parties. I think the Village that employees part-time police officers to save a buck is responsible for putting a guy on the streets who was not qualified or trained to handle what was really a simple traffic stop. The officer deserved to be convicted but I don't get any enjoyment from it. If you do, introspection is in order.

For the kid that is paralyzed, he will suffer for the rest of his life. He didn't deserve that for acting silly on his bike.

I think a civil action is warranted on behalf of the biker. He needs to sue that Village and help them learn how to properly build a police force and also to collect a settlement to replace his income for the rest of his life.