General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG benefits

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Ratkiller
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking HOG benefits

Don't know if this has been posted or how many might know about this, but questions about why should I join HOG or what good is HOG are frequent on this board.
I have saved about $11.00 a month on my AT&T cell service by being a HOG member. So if your a HOG member and have AT&T you might want to sign up. Hey $11.00 is $11.00. That's $132.00 a year. Worth the price of admission IMHO.

https://members.hog.com/website/take...t_discount.jsp

Ratkiller

Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The two things I like best about the HOG membership are the Fly-n-Ride program and the roadside service.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you want to belong to a social organization I can't see any real advantages to being a HOG member other than maybe the Fly-n-ride program, but even that I'd probably rarely use as I rather ride my own bike out somewhere. AAA's RV Plus covers my motorcycle, and cars and is a much protection package than HOG's. I can get a really good road atlas at any Barnes and Noble, and my GPS lists all of the HD dealers in the country. I've been to a few of the HOG events with the local chapter and a couple of state rallys. There's really not too much to the rallys and since I'm not a real big "Harley Lifestyle" person, the local events weren't that good with the exception of the Toys for Tots ride which I ride in annually. The dealers here in Central Florida don't give you any break on parts or service if you don't belong to the local chapter. Your mileage may vary, if that's your "thing" I'm not knocking you for joining. I do belong to other groups for various products I own that I find do have some value. For me and me alone, HOG doesn't make that cut. Oh yeah, my corporate discount rate for AT&T is a better deal than that too.

Last edited by FLUltrarider; 06-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
grumpygy
Tourer

You could get discounts at the local HD. But like mine you need to attend their meetings at least I think 3. After attending a few I found I could not stand these people.

What finished it for me was. We had a Member Die, a long standing member. His funeral was scheduled the same day and time as a upcoming run. Well the ride Capt requested somebody else take the run cause he wanted to attend the funeral. Should have heard these people complaining. That was my last meeting.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpygy

What finished it for me was. We had a Member Die, a long standing member. His funeral was scheduled the same day and time as a upcoming run. Well the ride Capt requested somebody else take the run cause he wanted to attend the funeral. Should have heard these people complaining. That was my last meeting.
that's pretty messed up. They shoulda at least postponed the run

Old 06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
BQ2
Advanced

Thanks for the heads up!
Every little bit helps in this economy!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I just looked at this as I never realized about the AT&T discount. Requires a 2 year obligation? That aint happening.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Got a good chapter where I live. Don't attend meetings but I enjoy the cookouts. Get my money back easy with 10 -15% off whatever I buy.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Ratkiller
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only meant to point out that if your a HOG member and have AT&T you can save a few bucks. I'm not advocating you join HOG or switch your cell service for a new 2 year agreement and many people don't have access to Corporate discounts. Like I said this subject has been beat to death on this board. For those that might care or currently are members of HOG and do have AT&T this post was for you.

Ratkiller

Old 06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
grumpygy
Tourer

Originally Posted by schumacher
that's pretty messed up. They shoulda at least postponed the run

To make it worse We had that very night one Members wife returning from Iraq(She was in the Navy) that Night right after the meeting. The PGR was doing a welcome home. Only a couple of them attended and those were the other PGR members.

Quick Reply: HOG benefits