General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Zanotti Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered from zanotti a few times without issue. I recently received a part from them that had marks from being previously fitted on a bike. They said it was a backordered part and must have shipped from the MOCO that way. However their email to me indicated the part was from their stock (another part on my order was backordered). In any case, they made it rght by offering to exchange it at their cost for shipping or giving me a significant discount if I decided to keep it.

I wasn't happy about getting a take-off when I ordered new but I think they handled it well and I'd do business with them again.

Last edited by Daddy-O; 07-01-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:24 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm really surprised that you didnt order pads months and months before you needed them. After all, they are wear items and you should have them oin your garage for when you need them.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would imagine thay have whatever number of pads available for their service customers in-house, but their internet sales are ordered as they receive them.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

[QUOTE=Cheese Head;6824368]I needed to order a bunch of maintenance parts. I chose to order from Zantotti's because I read so many great reviews on these forums. The dealership was very helpful up until after I placed my order. Some of the parts that I ordered were brake pads; front and rear. Here comes the amazing part...they don't stock brake pads. These are a normal wear and tear item. They need to be replaced on a regular basis. What kind of dealership does not stock brake pads? Are they really turning away customers that need new brakes simply because they don't maintain brake pads in their inventory?! Imagine the number of customers the service department must be losing. They don't even expect to get pads to ship to me until after the 10th of July! That is more than a month...for brake pads.

Now, I know that every dealer cannot maintain every part. But, this is a normal maintenance item. This is as bad as saying they don't have oil filters in stock.

Sorry, I'm just in shock and amazed at the poor inventory control. I just want to warn people that if they need routine maintence parts, don't order from Zanotti's if you need the parts quickly. You could end up waiting a very long time for routine parts.[/QUOTE

What's there to be shocked about?They told you "no brake pads".Take your business somewhere else,they didn't lie to you and they're not the only ones who sell parts.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:33 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
its real simple any internet orders are ordered thru harley thats why they take so long, thats why they offer 20% off they have no investment, that goes for all internet ordering, if you were to walk in i gurantee you they would have brake pads in stock, just order parts that your ok with waiting brake pads are cheap, just go to dealer for maint, items
I must disagree,last month I called Z. to order a fairing dash pad #58262-05, the parts manager put me on hold and when he came back he told me that they had the part available and it shipped out the next day.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:40 PM
takiniteasy09Ultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I imagining things or has this been posted before? Sounds very familiar.
Ride Safe