General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Numbered Paint Sets

Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default HD Numbered Paint Sets

So, just a question I would throw out there. Who that has one of the Harley custom paint sets (the limited numbered ones), has seen another bike like theres with the same set?

The reason I am asking is because about 3 or 4 weeks ago I went out for an all day ride with some buddies. It was the first time really getting out and riding my bike since I swapped the tins over to one of those special military edition Fatboy paint sets from 2005. I was so excited about it because I felt that I would be totally unique and never see another bike like mine since they only made 200.....WRONG!!!! During our ride, we stopped at Battlefield HD in Gettysburg PA and I went to park and look to my right and 2 spaces over is a softail (and not an original Fatboy, so it had the silver motor like mine) with the exact same paint set as I got. What are the chances?

Just wanted to know how many people out there have actually seen another bike with the same paint set.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Sgt. Fury
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Really? I didnt see pics necessary. Seemed like a simple question, but why not. I'll always willing to show off pics of my bike :-D

The following 2 users liked this post by miketedesco:
BelchFire (09-17-2019), Dragon174 (04-05-2021)
Old 06-09-2010, 08:34 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a numbered factory custom paint set on a 98 wideglide. I have never seen another wideglide with this color scheme. I have seen different models of the same year with this same paint scheme.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM
chad pickens
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my paint set new on ebay and then saw the same set at the dealer for 3 times as much. never seen another on a bike though.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
fatboyroger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a skull train 9 of 150 there is a thread with others on this site when i got my bike at laidlaw hd Baldwin park ca. they had one on a bike at 26000 no more around but i found a set in atascadero ca but i don't see any others ca or nv.

Attached Thumbnails HD Numbered Paint Sets-img_9772.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My '05 Deluxe has a custom paint set and just today...I saw a bike here on the forum with the same set in a guys photo album that was featured on the lead page when I logged in. 1st one I've seen...go figure! Doesn't bother me...only a couple hundred of them exist...pretty slim chances I'll actually run into one and if I do, I'll just assume the person has the same exquisite taste as I do!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 812 Likes on 798 Posts

I must be getting old, but the special chit paints,,, is not special to me any more...

Some to me look OK,,, just not enough to drop a dime on them....for the long run...

IMHO just give me the good ole vivid...

Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I got the reaper paint set #21 of 200 and I haven't seen another yet. Someone on here told me that they saw a Softail with it and someone else saw one in cali on another bike.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
I must be getting old, but the special chit paints,,, is not special to me any more...

Some to me look OK,,, just not enough to drop a dime on them....for the long run...

IMHO just give me the good ole vivid...
I agree!! I love my bike and the paint, but if I knew what I know now I would have got a better custom paint job for 1/2 the price and I definitely would have never seen another like it. I bought the bike with tins already on there and paid full price for it, it was one of those first bike things. I saw, loved it sat on it and took it home.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HD Numbered Paint Sets