General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legacy Vets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
NAMVET
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without dragging this out into a club bashing event, when someone comes into a three piece club world and puts a patch on their back they have stepped into a world that plays by different codes and rules. We don't ask outsiders to understand. There is so much more to these two stories that I will not go into on the internet. We don't talk club business
on line.

I'm done, have a nice day.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
muddyvnvmc
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obscure reports of incidents like that, regardless of the MC's mentioned, are perpetuated in order to feed the rumor mill and, more often than not, support an agenda. Why else would anybody bother to look them up and save them for years? My advice for anyone not directly involved is just don't take the bait ... there's a hook in it somewhere.

A straightforward question started this thread. Here's a straightforward answer: Viet Nam Vets/Legacy Vets MC is not a 1% club. The Viet Nam Vets top rocker and center patch is worn by in-country Viet Nam Vets and Viet Nam-era vets who served elsewhere during the same time period (1962-1975). The Legacy Vets top rocker and center patch is for vets who served after 1975, up to the present day, including those who are currently on active duty.

Have a great Independence Day weekend, everybody. Remember the men and women who stand in the gap between the Free World and those who would destroy it. Bless those who serve, those who have served and, especially, those never returned.

Support your local Red and Black -
Red is for the Blood, Black is for the Mourning.

http://patch.vnvlvmc.info

Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being a member of a riding association made up of Combat Veterans I have been to many rides and events where the Viet-Nam Vets MC was in attendance. I have even been to some of their functions. I have allways been treated with respect. I don't know the facts so I won't even comment. I'll just repete that they have treated me and my Association O.K.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

NAMVET and Muddyvnvmc -

Well said and thank you for your service.

Zach

Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by honestbob
I have been to many rides and events where the Viet-Nam Vets MC was in attendance. I have even been to some of their functions. I have allways been treated with respect. I don't know the facts so I won't even comment. I'll just repete that they have treated me and my Association O.K.
I'm not going to comment concerning those reports out of Florida, but I will echo what honestbob said. Been to the Sanford, NC, Viet Nam Vets/Legecy Vets functions and rides and have always been treated with respect. They're a big supporter of the Fisher House at Fort Bragg. I wouldn't hesitate to participate in any function they sponsored.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NAMVET
Without dragging this out into a club bashing event, when someone comes into a three piece club world and puts a patch on their back they have stepped into a world that plays by different codes and rules. We don't ask outsiders to understand. There is so much more to these two stories that I will not go into on the internet. We don't talk club business
on line.

I'm done, have a nice day.
What a bunch of BS. Putting on a patch doesn't give someone the right to assault others and rob them of their property just because they too have a similar patch.

Don't want to to talk about it on the internet then don't comment at all. Anything else is a cop out. The Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets members acted like gang thugs and claiming it's "club business" doesn't excuse it. It was criminal, and the nonsense about wearing patches and being "club business" doesn't excuse any of it, in fact it simply shows the stupidity of their thuggish acts.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:12 PM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by muddyvnvmc
Why else would anybody bother to look them up and save them for years?
Nobody saved anything it took a couple seconds of google to find the police blotter from the City of Kennesaw and the news report. You are right though I do have an agenda, and that is to expose the truth that the Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets are merely thuggish gang banger wannabes who just happen to ride motorcycles and claim to all be veterans.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a guy who isn't a vet in some MC club that claims to support vets.
He was told to remove his colors, backup arrived before they threw down on him. Now he carries a knife...
He's 58 years old. I shake my head wondering why at an age that should have diluted the need to prove one's self, the need is still there?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:38 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NR4TW
You are right though I do have an agenda, and that is to expose the truth that the Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets are merely thuggish gang banger wannabes who just happen to ride motorcycles and claim to all be veterans.
And yet another rough and tough keyboard commando. LMFAO

Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by SgtMic
And yet another rough and tough keyboard commando. LMFAO
Spout whatever lie you want, I don't care. I'm no "keyboard commando." Nice try, although, unsuccessful, on trying to distract from the truth of what I posted.

Quick Reply: Legacy Vets?