Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Best and Worst? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/542209-best-and-worst.html)

Kumite 07-23-2010 05:32 PM

Best and Worst?

All things in life have their pros and their cons. What on your Harley do you consider its one worst or most negative trait and on the other side of the ledger its one best positive trait?

For me...

Worst: Heat related issues. Air cooled causes reliability and ridability problems.

Best: Feel. Nothing compares to the Harley magic.

R. Todd

sucherman 07-23-2010 05:37 PM

worst=trail=5"/best=rear tire=180/Even better=it's mine

Bike-R-Mike 07-23-2010 05:39 PM

My Dyna has the small ugly headlight that I really don't like ( going to be changed soon) . The good is that with the forward controls , 12 inch apes and the Mustang Squareback seat it is VERY ergonomic for me personally and feels great to ride .

piasspj 07-23-2010 06:08 PM

Worst: What it cost
Best: It's paid for

1shaka 07-23-2010 06:28 PM

B/W

Worst is jiffy stand that slides before it hits the lock position. Best is most of the items that came standard with the RK were on the bike when I bought it so I did not have to add items.

artz 07-23-2010 06:31 PM

best trait---caeb'd and sm.sized rear tire
negative trait--- no gear driven cam set-up

will2002 07-23-2010 06:33 PM

Best: The COMFORT factor!..... It's like floating on clouds.:)
Worst: The rear tire..... Six thousand miles, and it's toast!:(

JackD 07-23-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by piasspj (Post 7042835)
Worst: What it cost
Best: It's paid for

:icon_headbang::icon_headbang::icon_headbang::icon _headbang: Oh! Hell Yea!! Beats the hell out of a orgasm for longevity!!!! Whoooooooooo! Baby!!! Harley is a Harley!! Nothing like it!!! NOTHING!!!!:icon_banana::icon_dance-tap::icon_headbang::icon_tongue:

JackD 07-23-2010 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by will2002 (Post 7042921)
Best: The COMFORT factor!..... It's like floating on clouds.:)
Worst: The rear tire..... Six thousand miles, and it's toast!:(

You are either hauling a fatass chick around, orr, you do alot of burnouts!! Got 13,000+ out of my last rear tire! Go ahead and get one made of rubber next time!!:icon_toast:

lh4x4 07-23-2010 07:00 PM

B.S. on heat with an air cooled HD being an issue. Currently there is a tropical heat wave in the south.

I just did 8 days from Illinois to Key West on a stock 2010 Ultra. That mean 14.7 to 1 fuel ratio, cats and a low mile engine. Temps ranged from 100 to 106 with heat index of 118.

We were caught in a accident tie up for over an hour. The motor never went into the mode that cuts off the rear cylinder, never pinged and never got hot for my feet and legs. I water cooled sport bike was pulled off the road with the rider looking like he was ready to collapse.

The heat off the pavement was intense in the Florida sun. Never a problem with the bike at all.

For all those that have posted about the 2010 touring bikes turning their mufflers blue,pinging, frying their feet on the floor boards and burning their legs. I call total B.S. on them. It just does not happen. By the way, I was using 89 octane all the way.