General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 04:00 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

I know lots of folks who insure with Progressive. My annual fees have gone down year by year. Also, they give towing, as part of the package; to the "Nearest Qualified Facility", regardless of miles involved.

I asked them if that meant "Billy-Bobs BBQ Joint and Automotive/Motorcycle Repair Shop" and they said, "NO, to the Nearest Harley/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Honda Shop".

And, they DO give discounts for being a member of the HRCA. Go Figure. What are they trying to say ?!?!?

Oh yea, and since Dub-ya got into office, I've quadrupled my contributions to the ACLU. Just doin' my part. Don't bother to thank me.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:03 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Protrucker

My wife recently took the MSF basic rider course & when she received her certificate she took it to the insurance agency. They submitted it to Progressive & today there was a notice in the mail from Progressive. The notice said, "We received your request to add a discount for completion of a driving safety course. Unfortunately, we are unable to add this discount because it is no longer available."
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
This course cost $275 and we were informed that all insurance companies would give a 10% discount for taking the course. She's a new rider & benefitted from taking the course, but I considered taking the course for the discount but decided that the cost was too much to make it worthwhile. (I've been riding for about 33 years) I sure am glad I didn't waste the money!
I had been riding over 50 years when I took the advanced MSF course (never took the basic) and found it was an eye opener and well worth it.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:54 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call your MSF representative and ask them. Alot of times they will have someone call the insurance company and give them hell.

Or better yet, just get rid of them. Tell them to offer you the discount or you'll go elsewhere...

Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Since Progressive is a proud supporter of the ACLU, I wouldn't use them even if they were half the other rates.....
Thanks for the info...I'm outta there quicker than gossip!!!

Bill

Old 09-04-2006, 12:07 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 995 Likes on 326 Posts

yep, in NC they dont discount either, took an avanced course also!!

Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

State Farm doesn't offer the discount for the MSF either.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:37 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SUPER01

State Farm doesn't offer the discount for the MSF either.

From what I have read MSF graduates don't get in less accidents or suffer less fatalities. So I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't give you a discount. Of course we get a huge discount by riding Harley's instead of crotch rockets so they must be getting in less accidents.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:18 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior

I got my discount from Progressive plus my insurance drops year by year from them as well.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:06 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: whaap

ORIGINAL: 4merRacer

Screw them, then. I called because USAA stopped insuring bikes in AZ due to the lack of a helmet law....or so they told me. Geico turned out to be less anyway.
That's interesting. I have my home, autos and Motorcycle insured with USAA !!
That's because USAA doesn't write NEW policies for motorcycles anymore. If you had an existing one, then you are essentially 'grandfathered' in. I tried to get M/C insurance when I bought my first Buell back in 02 (already had my truck, home and life insurance through them, not to mention their bank and use them for some of my investments!), and I was told that about new M/C policies, and they insure through Progressive. Since Progressive rates were astronomical for me (they were literally double everyone else!) I didn't even bother.

Since Progressive is a proud supporter of the ACLU, I wouldn't use them even if they were half the other rates.....
crypto, I guess I'll just go around responding to all of your posts. HA! You're right about the "new" policies. What's crazy is my old race bike was insured through USAA. I sold it and canceled the insurance. Apparently a week was too long. I now live in CA so I'm back with USAA on both the bike and the truck. The reason they gave me for the AZ thing was the lack of a helmet law.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:02 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: The HalfBreed

Oh yea, and since Dub-ya got into office, I've quadrupled my contributions to the ACLU. Just doin' my part. Don't bother to thank me.

You donate to the ACLU while they give legal support to the pedophiles in NAMBLA? While they wage their war on Christmas? While they further their own (and Peter Lewis') "progressive" New World Order? How do you sleep at night?

Progressive is the world's largest contributor to the ACLU at a rate of $8million a year. I would NOT be insured through them if it was free!

Quick Reply: Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!