General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:05 PM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

I am finding Most dont discount for the course

Old 09-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Sportshot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my house and vehicles insured with Farmers, called them up and they were very well priced for my 07 SG but when I told them I took the MSF experienced rider course they said there was no motorcycle discount for that but they would give me $12.00 off my auto for it. Doesn't make sence but I called back and that is what they do.

ACLU backs the wrong horse more often than anyone, except for the freekin FRENCH!

Old 09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: SUPER01

State Farm doesn't offer the discount for the MSF either.
Not the basic, but they do (or did, I switched back to Geico last year) for the intermediate and advanced courses. My father in law is a trainer at SF, and he retakes the advanced course every few years to keep the discount.

Thanks for the info 4merRacer. I only checked with USAA once, when I bought my first Buell (2002) and the might have said something about the no-helmet law. I just remember hearing they go through Progressive, and since I had already gotten my insane quote from them, figured it wasn't worth the effort.

Just out of curiousity HalfBreed, what does your increased donations to the ACLU have to do w/GW getting into office? I don't want to jump into a political thread about it, so maybe we can continue this in the actual Political forum. Not bagging you, just not really understanding the reasoning is all.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

I have Progressive on two bikes and one actually went up from last year. I am thinking about changing just because of the ACLU a$$holes.....they sue and use the taxpayers money to do it. If Progressive is not good on paying claims........then who is????

What companies have you had a good experience with in paying claims. I know from friends that USAA is a super company regarding claim payout but I don't qualify for them. Saving $50 or $100 a year is not worth the hassle you go through if something happens and they screw you over in 2 or 3 thousand dollars worth of claims.....and why do they call it a "Premium"??? I get an electric BILL, a gas BILL, a tax BILL, I make a car PAYMENT or a bike PAYMENT......but I get to pay an insurance PREMIUM......why that sounds so sweet I could barf........

Regards,
Draggin S

Old 09-05-2006, 06:38 PM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have USAA, but when I left the service they dropped me when the next premium was due - reasoning was there insurance was only for active duty military, or officers, or something? Then I switched to Geico and was happy for a couple years until they tried to raise my rates astronomically one year - no accidents, no tickets, no added vehicles, no claims, etc. Reasoning was that they were showing a loss in my state overall and passing it on to everyone else to recoup losses. I passed on renewing with them. I have Progressive now on the bike, have had for over 3 years now and the premium is quite reasonable compared to every other quote I have received. I haven't had a claim in so long with any insurance company, but I am constantly hearing that it is quite an ordeal these days - whoever you have. I was surprised though that Progressive does not offer any sort of discount for Harley's new theft deterrent system. It's an extra $350 option or whatever, but you can't receive a discount on insurance for having it? My bike happened to come with it already installed, or I wouldn't have messed with it.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Progressive sucks[:@],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,big supporters of the ACLU.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might be a state to state thing. I was offered a discount from Progessive here in California.

Primo