Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course! - Harley Davidson Forums

General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

Closed Thread

P

Old 09-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Rider
Default Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

My wife recently took the MSF basic rider course & when she received her certificate she took it to the insurance agency. They submitted it to Progressive & today there was a notice in the mail from Progressive. The notice said, "We received your request to add a discount for completion of a driving safety course. Unfortunately, we are unable to add this discount because it is no longer available."
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
This course cost $275 and we were informed that all insurance companies would give a 10% discount for taking the course. She's a new rider & benefitted from taking the course, but I considered taking the course for the discount but decided that the cost was too much to make it worthwhile. (I've been riding for about 33 years) I sure am glad I didn't waste the money!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Road Master
Default RE: Progressive doesn't discount for MSF course!

Screw them, then. I called because USAA stopped insuring bikes in AZ due to the lack of a helmet law....or so they told me. Geico turned out to be less anyway.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Banned

progressive and nationwide are the WORST insurance co's in America...try gettin a claim paid
Old 09-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with you 100% Nationwide Ins. SUCKS!!! And it sounds like Progressive is in the same league.
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

progressive and nationwide are the WORST insurance co's in America...try gettin a claim paid
Old 09-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Last time I went to renew with Progressive they had also dropped the discount for HOG even though they are supposed to be the preferred HD insurance company.

I laughed at the sales weasel on the phone and went over to GEICO. And they were less as well.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Extreme HDF Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 4merRacer

Screw them, then. I called because USAA stopped insuring bikes in AZ due to the lack of a helmet law....or so they told me. Geico turned out to be less anyway.
That's interesting. I have my home, autos and Motorcycle insured with USAA !!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Extreme HDF Member

Progressive stole about 1400 from me and keeps 'sending' me the check. Yeah right. Deal with them at your own risk. I have Cycle Guard and they discount, so does Dairyland.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Elite HDF Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: whaap

Quote:

That's because USAA doesn't write NEW policies for motorcycles anymore. If you had an existing one, then you are essentially 'grandfathered' in. I tried to get M/C insurance when I bought my first Buell back in 02 (already had my truck, home and life insurance through them, not to mention their bank and use them for some of my investments!), and I was told that about new M/C policies, and they insure through Progressive. Since Progressive rates were astronomical for me (they were literally double everyone else!) I didn't even bother.

Since Progressive is a proud supporter of the ACLU, I wouldn't use them even if they were half the other rates.....
Old 09-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Road Captain

MSF course is never a waist of money you always pick up somthing from the course no matter how long u have been riding .. discount or not i have taken the beginner and experianced rider courses MONEY WELL SPENT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Protrucker

My wife recently took the MSF basic rider course & when she received her certificate she took it to the insurance agency. They submitted it to Progressive & today there was a notice in the mail from Progressive. The notice said, "We received your request to add a discount for completion of a driving safety course. Unfortunately, we are unable to add this discount because it is no longer available."
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
This course cost $275 and we were informed that all insurance companies would give a 10% discount for taking the course. She's a new rider & benefitted from taking the course, but I considered taking the course for the discount but decided that the cost was too much to make it worthwhile. (I've been riding for about 33 years) I sure am glad I didn't waste the money!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

Quote:
ORIGINAL: whaap

Quote:

That's because USAA doesn't write NEW policies for motorcycles anymore. If you had an existing one, then you are essentially 'grandfathered' in. I tried to get M/C insurance when I bought my first Buell back in 02 (already had my truck, home and life insurance through them, not to mention their bank and use them for some of my investments!), and I was told that about new M/C policies, and they insure through Progressive. Since Progressive rates were astronomical for me (they were literally double everyone else!) I didn't even bother.

Since Progressive is a proud supporter of the ACLU, I wouldn't use them even if they were half the other rates.....
[sm=exactly.gif] What Cryptoboy said. I insure mine through AARP/Foremost, of course I'm old so I can do that. I would never support any business who I knew supported the ACLU, (American Criminal Liberties Union) the bunch of dumbasses.

P
Closed Thread