General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Cycle Dr. Dyno tuning referral thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:45 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default The Cycle Dr. Dyno tuning referral thread...

I have decided after reading many great reviews, pouring over Dyno sheets, and speaking with Geoffrey Gaites (Cycle Doctor) out of Costa Mesa, CA will have the honor of tuning my new 95" build next week.

Geoff was telling me it has been extremely slow due to the economy and such and I offered to help him get some more business as I know how it is working in this industry and it can be difficult to make ends meet sometimes.

I will be posting my Dyno sheet along with a full review after my tune, the facilities, etc after my bike has been tuned.

If you wish to get a Dyno from him shoot him an email at info@cycledoctor.com or give him a call at (949)645-1235 and please let him know Dr. V-Twin and HDF sent you his way.

His rate for Dyno tuning is $100 per hour and a typical tune takes 4 hours. Understand this is not a dealer Dyno tune, but the best tune around. He will spend as long as it takes to get your bike dialed in perfectly for your riding style. I am going for torque and streetable power as that is where I ride the most. I also informed him that I want good gas mileage still. He said that would not be an issue.

Thanks!

Drew

Old 09-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Look forward to seeing that too

I'll be interested as well in knowing what your map will look like too. I like to compare maps with one another to try and understand what's happening with different bikes and similar engines.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I have decided after reading many great reviews, pouring over Dyno sheets, and speaking with Geoffrey Gaites (Cycle Doctor) out of Costa Mesa, CA will have the honor of tuning my new 95" build next week.

Geoff was telling me it has been extremely slow due to the economy and such and I offered to help him get some more business as I know how it is working in this industry and it can be difficult to make ends meet sometimes.

I will be posting my Dyno sheet along with a full review after my tune, the facilities, etc after my bike has been tuned.

If you wish to get a Dyno from him shoot him an email at info@cycledoctor.com or give him a call at (949)645-1235 and please let him know Dr. V-Twin and HDF sent you his way.

His rate for Dyno tuning is $100 per hour and a typical tune takes 4 hours. Understand this is not a dealer Dyno tune, but the best tune around. He will spend as long as it takes to get your bike dialed in perfectly for your riding style. I am going for torque and streetable power as that is where I ride the most. I also informed him that I want good gas mileage still. He said that would not be an issue.

Thanks!

Drew
I guess so... At $100/hr, there's not much incentive to "rush" the job, is there?

Old 09-18-2010, 08:32 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I for one will be watching and paying close attention to all the information posted about this, as I am truly interested in this subject.

At a shop I worked at back in the mid 80's I got to run a "SEA" (Smart Engine Analyzer), for about 9 months, so this will be possibly a great learning experience about dialing in the bikes.

Thanks Dr.VT

Old 09-18-2010, 11:35 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you getting a deal for advertising his product my mech laughed at a 100 per hr. and taking 4 hrs, 4 hrs because he dosen`t use the 30,000 computer the dealer uses,

Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,825 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
sounds like you getting a deal for advertising his product my mech laughed at a 100 per hr. and taking 4 hrs, 4 hrs because he dosen`t use the 30,000 computer the dealer uses,
We live in SoCal Bob...nothing is cheap here.

If you can find a dealer or an indy to wrench on your bike for $80/hr, you're doing pretty damn good.

I've heard of the Cycle Doctor in Costa Mesa, and he has a solid rep for dyno tuning in SoCal. If it costs me 4 Ben Franklins to get the map on my bike tweeked just right, then it's worth it to me in order to have a flawless running bike. Obviously Drew from Dr. V-Twin feels the same way. Just my dos centavos.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:20 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Yeah, but I gotta figure out where the 4 bills are going to come from. D'oh! I agree stuff is expesnive but i am willinjg to pay for top dog tuning. Unfortuinately I never know how much of a difference it will make until I have it done.

Drew

Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 109 Posts

If the guy's good, $400 is worth it.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

$400 is a lot better than $300 done three times because the first two guys couldn't get it right.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Well, I got a call from the cycle doc yesterday but I was fixing my circuit breaker and missed it. We'll see what happens today when I talk to them. Maybe they will take mercy on my soul and get me in this week.

Drew

Quick Reply: The Cycle Dr. Dyno tuning referral thread...