General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bright Ass Light---Best deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BB4xl
I was wondering how Law Enforcment is reacting to them. Can't you independently set running/brake brightness? To bad their isn't a handle bar contol. But then it would gettin kinda Goldenwing. All the setting are cool but I would like just a standard running/stop with just the brightness levels. You gotta
have a reflector?
With the BAL you do get a magnet that can adjust the brightness and program the light pattern flashes independent of one another. As for the rear red reflector that comes stock right below the license plate holder on a HD. I replaced my stock tag holder with a Kury curved lay down one.

Depending on the LEO will depend if you get hassled if you remove "any" of your stock reflectors.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
rklew
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed all my stock reflectors and have my light set to the one on the youtube. So far so go with the LE after 18 months.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled my reflector off years ago. Never had any problems. Once years ago a West Virgina Hiway Patrol pulled us over and told me that Blue dots were illigal in WV. He didn't say anything about no reflector. Gave me a warning since I am from Ohio. It was more like ashake down, since we had just left a VFW hall. He just said don't come back with it. He was cool ,could have gave me a ticket if he wanted to. I took it off when I got home and put the stock one back on. I relly like BAL but I don't need all the settings.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:53 AM
DeepDiggerWV
Novice

I have to ask, since these are very bright, how does it affect the turn signals? Can they still be seen, or does the glare from the BAL drown them out? I am seriously considering one of these, but also want the idjuts following me to see my signals as well.

Sorry for the red text, but I dropped a script into my firefox to replace the blank page, and the damn thing shows up in they reply box, I can't see typing black

Old 03-04-2011, 08:27 PM
mrmatw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How B right?

The light is bright. I happy to advise that the turn signals can be seen. As well at night, if the person behind you can't see that bight *** light, his name is Ray Charles the third! I have a friend that purchased one last fall. During the parade and out on rides you can see that light a great distance and you know what's happening ahead. I purchased mine this winter and waiting on 40 degree or better to install the thing. I'm so anxious, I'm almost ready to build fire in the garage and get started.

Enjoy the light, safety from the dip _ _ _ _'s behind really has no price tag. COME ON SPRING! Screw it! Let's RIDE!

Tom
mrmaw
2009 FLHT
FATSHOTZ/Stageone
HOG TUNES, CONQUEST GPS...

Last edited by mrmatw; 03-04-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 PM
bra$$monkey
Cruiser

I bought mine today! They dropped the price for the BAL1 to $200 because the new BAL3 came out.

It should get here next week.

I also ordered a 4 LED amber strobe light I plan to mount on the front (around the headlight) that I can trigger when I think a dip **** is thinking of killing me.

Because its amber - it shouldn't be an issue with the police. Cant wait to get the BAL installed.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM
mondoguy
Stage II

They sound good but do they make them for the two silly *** tail lights on a 2013 street glide

Old 10-20-2014, 08:41 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Kutter Harley online usually has them for 10% or more off. I got mine for less than $180 delivered.