General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest Weather

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Biketoberfest Weather

The 10 day forcast is becoming available and so far it looks perfect. Hi of 80 and low of 66 and virtually no chance of rain for next Thursday and Friday for the start of the weekend.

Its been a stressful year. I plan on heading up (yes Daytona is north of me) and taking some time to decompress. This year I plan on tenting it at the Cabbage Patch I think. No plans made, just following my nose. No plans, no stress, just catch up on rest and try to forget about the real world for 4 days.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:49 AM
PowerFactor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great idea to me. You're right about the weather. It's been nice lately. I'll be heading over, too. (Over for me, as I live in Orlando).

Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

I'll be heading over on Saturday from Brandon. This weeks weather has been perfect

Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep weather is looking to be pretty nice. I'll be rolling down Tuesday morning from ATL.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
RA51
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be heading down Wednesday to Daytona from SC.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 135 Likes on 54 Posts

my work has been stressful this year too... I just finished working 7 days a week since late July. I need a break to decompress.

3 buddies and I taking the whole week this year. We are headed down to our other buddies house in Daytona this friday. then we're riding down to Key West for a couple days R&R (d-R-inkin and st-R-ip clubs) on Sunday, then back up to Daytona on Wednesday for the Biketoberfest fun. Can't wait.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by steveh326
my work has been stressful this year too... I just finished working 7 days a week since late July. I need a break to decompress.

3 buddies and I taking the whole week this year. We are headed down to our other buddies house in Daytona this friday. then we're riding down to Key West for a couple days R&R (d-R-inkin and st-R-ip clubs) on Sunday, then back up to Daytona on Wednesday for the Biketoberfest fun. Can't wait.

Just an FYI. You do know it is 720 miles and 12-14 hours on a bike one way to get to Key West from Daytona. Your ride from Maryland to Daytona will put you roughly at the half way point. Florida is very long. Just getting through south Miami, and down through the keys is brutal. I've been down there 3 times in the last 6 weeks.

I am not trying to rain on your good time, and obviouslty I love it down there. But, mapquest doesn't come close to estimating the time it takes to get there in a car, much less on a bike. (and I know every bridge where it is safe to pass...)

The ride to Key West across the bridges is definetely worth it though. The party once you are there is the topper.

Last edited by Jonesee; 10-06-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, the weather here has been perfect and it looks like more of the same! Everyone have safe ride up, down or over here and please stop by and say hello if you are in the area.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Do not forget to bring a jacket with you. The temps can fool you on the bike. You may also want to put a pair of gloves in the bag also.....I'm just sayin

Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now thats the way to go,,have a good time,be careful

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest Weather