Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Twin City HD banner " We will not be undersold." (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/576699-twin-city-hd-banner-we-will-not-be-undersold.html)

lh4x4 10-26-2010 11:10 PM

Twin City HD banner " We will not be undersold."

Boy, If I only lived close by. My wife and I was visiting our son in Minneapolis over the week end. When we drove south on I-35 to head back home in Illinois, I saw this big banner on the building. Maybe there is some competition starting.

Anyone in the area know if this means that they will undercut other dealers offers for real?

2whlr4life 10-27-2010 01:17 AM

I bought my 2007 RoadGlide from T.C.H.D. (Blaine). At that time I shopped all the Twin City dealers, they had the best price and the least B.S.
Their parts & service people are top notch in my book. I can recommend them.

artz 10-27-2010 06:04 AM

They would have no choice but to honor their words if pushed.
false advertising is illegal.

frenchbiker 10-27-2010 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by artz (Post 7460349)
They would have no choice but to honor their words if pushed.
false advertising is illegal.

Easy to undersell a competitor by $1, you know.
I never buy from people who advertise that they'll match a competitor's price, much less someone claiming he'll beat them. Why would I buy from them? If they can't be competitive from the get go, f*ck them.

Pumba11 10-27-2010 09:31 AM

Wow Frenchie these are good people that I consider my dealership. The Twin Cities basically has two players in the HD market (yeah I know there is Zylstra too). But the big player has over the top Neiman Marcus style stores and not so competitive prices. TCHD is much more down to earth and just want to give those caught up in the "bling markets" a chance to earn thier business.

Just my $0.02

motorrader 10-27-2010 10:14 AM

My father buys from St. Paul HD and they give him good deals.

frenchbiker 10-27-2010 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pumba11 (Post 7460954)
Wow Frenchie these are good people that I consider my dealership. The Twin Cities basically has two players in the HD market (yeah I know there is Zylstra too). But the big player has over the top Neiman Marcus style stores and not so competitive prices. TCHD is much more down to earth and just want to give those caught up in the "bling markets" a chance to earn thier business.

Just my $0.02

I have a different philosophy. I give my business to someone having competitive prices from the get go, not to someone who lowers his initial price just because I showed him how non-competitive he is.

mmckee1217 10-27-2010 11:27 AM

I think it depends on how you're treated when you're in the dealer. If the dealer wants your business, they will offer you a good deal from the start. When I looked at my local dealer, they didn't want to deal very much because they didn't have the bike i wanted on the floor, which i totally understand. I went elsewhere and got a better deal. I would have preferred to buy in town, but the other dealer was very enthusiastic about selling to me and they had the bike on the floor. I think with the economy the way it is, it's much more of a buyer's market, if you're willing to go to multiple dealers.

wideglidebob 10-27-2010 11:31 AM

i think i just saw a pink bike on this thread i hope that persone is a woman even than wow

mi2az 10-27-2010 11:40 AM

I would totally agree with the above comments. I would never go with someone stating they will meet or beat their competitors price. What they are really saying is, " I will take advantage of you as long as you don't catch me."