Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   What, no major complaints on VRSC Models? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/577729-what-no-major-complaints-on-vrsc-models.html)

shortride 10-30-2010 06:21 AM

What, no major complaints on VRSC Models?

What would everyone think the reasons for the lack of major issues and complaint on the VRSC Models?

Fogoms 10-30-2010 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by bikes (Post 7472784)
What would everyone think the reasons for the lack of major issues and complaint on the VRSC Models?

I can think of two possible reasons, pick the one you like:

1. They're really well designed and there are no major problems with them.
2. Nobody buys them, so there's no one around to complain.

glebo 10-30-2010 06:40 AM

Maybe they're just not a bunch of whiners:icon_omg:

Seems some times ya can't make anyone happy, for a bike they bought for a "toy" or transportation, or nostalgia or something along those lines.

My bike makes a clunk, my bike gets shitty mileage, my bike vibrates, etc, etc.

Sorry....rant over:icon_verzsilly:

Simply put, I have mine, because thats what I wanted, and anything that goes along with it, well my problem/business. Nothing has as of yet, and I'll fix it if something does pop up.

:icon_lurk5:

StreetGlider57 10-30-2010 07:38 AM

Harley's best kept secret. Move over Road Glide.

shortride 10-30-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by StreetGlider57 (Post 7472954)
Harley's best kept secret.

You may be closer to correct than what you think. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by Fogoms (Post 7472793)
They're really well designed and there are no major problems with them.

This also may be a good answer. People that have fewer problems have a tendency to complain the least.

Wallaby 10-30-2010 08:34 AM

My guess is that V-Rods are very capable machines right off the showroom floor, people don't mess with them apart from pipes and a high flow air filter, so essentially they remain stock.

babalu 10-30-2010 08:39 AM

liquid cooled engine designed by germans i would wager is the main reason... and i agree people don't mess with them. once you start doing cams, heads etc... to try and make it faster it's a downward spiral with the bike, people will chime in and claim how they have every mod and the bike is perfect but i have enough anecdotal evidence to convince me to never start messing with the motor if i want a reliable harley.

Colorado Mac 10-30-2010 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Fogoms (Post 7472793)
I can think of two possible reasons, pick the one you like:

1. They're really well designed and there are no major problems with them.
2. Nobody buys them, so there's no one around to complain.

:icon_ditto: I own a 2003 VRSCA and it is a VERY well made bike. It just doesn't have any issues and the engine is just something else! I have had the bike awhile and am currently trying to sell it. Not because it isn't a great bike - I am selling it because it just doesn't fit my riding style well. My Deuce fits me much better.

I hope MOCO figures out what to do with this engine. It really is that sweet. My only "complaint" is that the bike seems to me to be a hybrid, part crotch rocket and part cruiser. I think that may be the reason they just aren't that popular.

Rickr01 10-30-2010 12:36 PM

Is it not true that there have been numerous complaints of various coolant leaks on this model? Other than that haven't heard much.

FBRR 10-30-2010 01:19 PM

I had a 2007 V-Rod. It was agreat bike! The only two complaints I've heard were the 10K value adjustment and cost. ( and many guys found that the valves really didn't need to be checked as often as Harley "suggested", and Harley raised that limit for the later year V-Rods)

My biggest issue was the fuel gage ( new style) went south and Harley has NEVER fixed the problem with this sender! As most of the newer V-Rods have flacky fuel gages! ( What's new there!)

The engine is bullet proof and FAST. ( for a Harley!)

I only had mine for a year but I did put 19K on it in that year! I sometimes think I should have kept it longer but alas, I wanted to go "Sport-touring".