General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea on how long it takes the factory to deliver a bike once it is built?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any idea on how long it takes the factory to deliver a bike once it is built?

Received word from ENCS (Military Sales) that my 2011 Road King was built last week. I forwarded the balance that I owed to them and she said she would request that the factory deliver asap. Other than that they don't divulge too much info.

For those that have had special order bikes delivered, approx how much time for the factory to deliver once it has been built? I think RK's are assembled in York PA so not all that far from me in NH. I don't know if they wait until a certain # of bikes are made to deliver to a particular region or if they ship out on an individual basis.?

Any one have any ideas or experience with delivery time? Still hoping to get it while the weather is somewhat decent and get some miles in

Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
SteveinNKC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took a week for mine, once the build was done. Delivered to Kansas City area, and was not built in Kansas City.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Man, I hope you are right and I see the bike by the end of the week!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Well I see that the bike was shipped from the factory yesterday 11/2. At the risk of sounding naive, how are motorcycles shipped? Do they come on an 18 wheeler? I'm hoping if it did ship from the factory in York PA it may be in by the end of the week here in NH?

I know it is sort of a crazy question as it looks like a lot bought from what was in stock at dealer....I guess you can tell I am a wee bit impatient to get my new HD

Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM
AFHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just bought mine from ENCS in Iraq... My bike was shipped on Oct 25th to Colorado Springs. I'm anticipating a 2 week delivery, give or take a few days.

As my sig says, I got a 2010 Super Glide Custom... Can't wait to get home and ride!!

Congrats... Enjoy your Road King!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Must be out of Peterson? One of my favorite bases and places in the country Balad now?

2T2 here, congrats on your new Glide I've been waiting since August when I ordered it so I have been getting real antsy with colder weather coming lol

I'm hoping that it is this week, heck York is only 10 hours or so away

Thanks for serving and stay safe!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah, All Touring Bikes are assembled in York, Pa., hooked on computer while running to ensure the bike's running accordingly to factory specifications then put in crate and delivered to dealers by semi-truck.

Can't say about Delivery Timeframe cuz I've got no real answers.

Enjoy your new bike,

Thorey

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM
WhiteGlide
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Port Dawg

Not to steal this thread, but I am a DAC that volunteered for 6 months in Iraq. Started out at Camp Taji, but was transfered up to Balad on 10 Oct. I am the Site Lead at JBB for the 1st 402nd. Would like to meet for lucnh some day. Jeff

Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

Usually shipped in a crate on an 18 wheeler and somewhat assembled at the dealer.

Bubba

Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 AM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,206 Likes on 3,172 Posts

Congratulations on your new bike. And, of course, THANKS for your service.

My nephew bought his bike when he was overseas and had it shipped to his hometown in Alaska. I'm hoping your bike's shipping is less complicated than his, and that your riding season is longer than his.

Quick Reply: Any idea on how long it takes the factory to deliver a bike once it is built?