General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing the HDForums Riders Club!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:37 AM
JoeTag
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

If the price is right, I would be interested in a lifetime membership.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:12 AM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, I will sign up. Other forums I am a member for ( hunting and so on) offer paying members a special area to buy and sell. That gives paying members better deals and not surfers. I think the patch bit is a good idea as most people I meet never heard of the forum.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i enabled the panic button and still dont see it

Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Splandman
Tourer

I believe I've already received more than $25 in advice here about my bike so I'm in.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

I'm in, always believed in supporting forums that I spend time on. The benefits of the site make it well worth supporting in my opinion.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

In, cheap at half the price,LOL,Dennis

Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Robb M.
Internet Brands
Received 1,099 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by knepp1bj
i enabled the panic button and still dont see it
Did you include the http:// part? You must include that in the URL, or it won't work.

cheers,
robb

Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me think about it. I already have too much money going out in far too many directions. And it's Christmas time..and money is tight..and..I know I'm not alone here on that.. Just because we all have Harley's don't mean we all have money.
One question...is this going to eventually turn into a subscription forum where if someone does'nt pay membership...they won't get squat? I mean.. Will non payers be able to have what they have now,next year?..the following year?..or will that change? HDF is a good thing. Been here for awhile. I'd hate to see it go south because of money.
As I said,I'm gonna think on it.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
Let me think about it. I already have too much money going out in far too many directions. And it's Christmas time..and money is tight..and..I know I'm not alone here on that.. Just because we all have Harley's don't mean we all have money.
One question...is this going to eventually turn into a subscription forum where if someone does'nt pay membership...they won't get squat? I mean.. Will non payers be able to have what they have now,next year?..the following year?..or will that change? HDF is a good thing. Been here for awhile. I'd hate to see it go south because of money.
As I said,I'm gonna think on it.
Terry says its not supposed to change into a pay site. I have seen sites go both ways when this kind of 'pay to get specials' thing is intro'd onto a site. It kind of bugs me that now you can donate to be a 'supporter', you get into the super secret club, at least part ways, but I have already donated much more than what they're asking but that counts for nothing. Oh, this newby who is seemingly running the club did say thanks for the contribution along with a ' don't join if you don't want' kind of comment when I pm'd him about this. Plus when I did contribute I was working, but not now. Money is much more tight and like you said, its Christmas to boot. There's been lots of changes since the big changeover here, but this one could possibly be opening to door to who knows what. Plus who's to say the subscription rate for the club won't just go up when they feel like they need to make some more money? Or make access to tech areas dependent on being a member, or having an album. Guess that remains to be seen. Maybe we'll have another mass exodus of members this time around, you never know.

Last edited by glideridemike; 12-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Hey everyone, we've got something new to share with you. We have come up with some great features, and additions to the user experience here on HDForums!

Before we get into all of that, I'd like you to please, read this:

Nothing is being taken away from current members, and new members will continue to receive exactly the same features as they do today, I want that to be VERY clear!

Now that we're clear, let's move on. We've created two new levels of membership, 'Supporter' & 'Club Member', each member will carry an icon above each post that indicates their level of support. We've even made a moderator specific badge for all site staff. Check them each out here:

Both levels will receive additional forum features such as:
  • Colored username
  • Larger profile photo sizing
  • Slightly larger avatars & signatures
  • Increased PM space & the ability to message more users at once
  • More photo album space, and support for larger images
We've also added some neat, new features to the forum:
  • Panic Button
  • Radio & TV plugin
  • Post Thank You Button

Panic Button: The Panic Button will be placed at the bottom right of every post on the site. Club Members can set a URL in their userCP on the options page, for it to automatically forward to if the boss shows up unexpectedly. (ie: http://google.com)

Radio & TV: This feature, for Club Members only is located in the quick links section of the nabber. It will enable you to listen to your choice of radio, or TV station, right here on HDForums!

Post Thank You: This will allow Supporters & Club Members to offer thanks to other members who post a useful, or interesting post, without necessarily needing to make a reply. Thank you counts are tallied, and displayed under usernames.

Finally, we've got some physical items, that you can collect, and continue to add to. We're going to send out a site logo sticker to both Supporters & Club Members.

Only Club Members, however, will receive an exclusive embroidered site logo patch, and yearly chevron piece. The chevrons will be issued each year, offering an opportunity to display your support on an ongoing basis.

Here's a photo of a patch:

I'm really excited to launch this program, I've had a lot of help from Terry & Patrick & Amanda along the way, so if you like it, I can't take all the credit, and if you hate it, it's all their ideas

Check it out, and sign up to Become a Club Member today! Take advantage of our special introductory pricing, available only until the end of 2010!

cheers,

robb
Thanks RobM,
just joined up

Quick Reply: Introducing the HDForums Riders Club!