General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paying the Scooter bill online..no thanks just shoot me in the face

Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Rapter-10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paying the Scooter bill online..no thanks just shoot me in the face

So I just started paying my bike payment via the online site through Harley.. Last month they ran my debit card twice.....and left me with 15 bucks in the account.....had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get that money back..... they assured me that the problem was fixed. and here comes this month...again a double charge. seriously......right before christmas leave.... are you serious... and their response....Well it will have to wait until Monday to see what the bank does with the other charge.....really?! As far as I am concerned I am honestly considering pulling the bike into the finance area, and setting her ablaze....double charge that... smile like a donut and cluck like a chicken...

Old 12-17-2010, 06:30 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapter-10
So I just started paying my bike payment via the online site through Harley.. Last month they ran my debit card twice.....and left me with 15 bucks in the account.....had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get that money back..... they assured me that the problem was fixed. and here comes this month...again a double charge. seriously......right before christmas leave.... are you serious... and their response....Well it will have to wait until Monday to see what the bank does with the other charge.....really?! As far as I am concerned I am honestly considering pulling the bike into the finance area, and setting her ablaze....double charge that... smile like a donut and cluck like a chicken...
The HD site pay on-line is totally outdated or never set to a standard most follow. I decided when I first bought to pay by check or set up the direct pay out of my account. The auto-bank draft works very well and since I know them every month anyway.........

Last edited by IndyClassic; 12-17-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: SINCE....apparently I have no sense
Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

It sounds to me as if you are on schedule to pay the bike off twice as fast. I'd go with it.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use auto bill pay through my bank on all my bills. Its my bank that pays the bill, not the bill taking out money. If there is ever an issue you only have to deal with your bank. Then if they **** you off, you pull your money out and say sayonara

Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Rapter-10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed, setting that up time now... a lot less likely to dick up that way.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

I send my payment the old way.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had direct-pay since I brought her home. No problems so far, knock on wood.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Just don't ever give Time Warner Cable OR XM Satellite radio your cc number. They will keep on charging until you shut the card off.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
I send my payment the old way.
Agree - can't charge paper check twice. Even though I work w/IT - don't trust enough to process on-line payments, unless absolutely necessary.

Hey, at this rate your bike will be paid off in 1/2 the time...

Old 12-17-2010, 07:20 PM
oldprowler
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had no problem with HD doing the direct withdrawal from my checking account. Have been paying off two accounts since April, I fully excpected to have some problems with them getting the right dates on each account but no problems at all thus far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paying the Scooter bill online..no thanks just shoot me in the face