General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey SoCal, does anyone know.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Icemanii
Agree with this fully. Take the course, improve his skills, get a discount on his insurance and if a HOG member, get money back for taking the course.

Can't find the downside in that.
Yeah, besides skipping the DMV road test, my wife and I have been paid back in full for taking both MSF basic and ERC ($350 total). Harley paid back $300 cash for the Basic class we took before buying Harleys and HOG paid $50 in gift certificates for the ERC class. And we get an insurance discount.

That also means he gets a free 150-250 cc bike to take the MSF class and test, instead of renting one for the DMV test. And while the DMV likes to fail people, the MSF is geared toward helping everybdy pass.

I can't imagine why anybody still takes the DMV test. Heck, there must be 30 MSF Basic classes within 25 miels of Anaheim, CA.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I worked with him and gave him a weeks worth of private one on one instruction. He has all the skills to do it no doubt. But he's a pro athlete so he wants to "scout the opposition, practice and prepare". So being a good coach, I thought I'd work with him on this too.

Mark

Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
salesmanuel
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to Fullerton DMV

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by salesmanuel
Go to Fullerton DMV
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the one in Costa Mesa has a course also.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,437 Likes on 4,730 Posts

bump to help you out

Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
kountry
Road Master

There is a guy here in San Diego 40 bucks it's called the DMV test bike it's a 250 induro that is regeard I used it when I had my cbr to take the test after I failed on my bike. I swear I used no gas no brake nothing and passed. This bike walks the course. If you want more info let me know.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Tell him to buck up and schedule the test, if he's got the skills you say he has and can listen and follow direction, he'll pass just fine.....if not, he'll know what to practice for the next test.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Tell him to buck up and schedule the test, if he's got the skills you say he has and can listen and follow direction, he'll pass just fine.....if not, he'll know what to practice for the next test.
I can appreciate that, but he's the customer. He's paying me so I try and accomodate him as much as possible. And there's nothing wrong with warming up and practicing before the game. Payton Manning is no doubt a great QB. He has all the skills and tools. But he would by his nature, be remiss in his duties to step out onto a football field and try and play a game without having run the plays or scouted the opposition before hand. It's kind of an off hand analogy, but that's how this guy thinks, and I can appreciate that too.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 AM
bravo3g
Advanced

Originally Posted by brenn
If he's that worried, why doesn't he just take the MSF course and skip the DMV test?
I second that. You can't lose on that one. You get safety training and you get to skip the test

Quick Reply: Hey SoCal, does anyone know.....