Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Oklahoma Motorcycle Test (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/647389-oklahoma-motorcycle-test.html)

Matt990724 05-25-2011 05:17 PM

Oklahoma Motorcycle Test

So, I have this "friend' that has been riding w/o his endorsement.

anyway, he is taking the test this Friday.... has anyone here, taken the OK test recently, to share what the actual test involves?

And yes, I.. errr he, knows how risky this has been, and is highly motivated to get legal.

p51bombay 05-25-2011 05:37 PM

take a MSF class - you'll walk away with your endorement and you might even learn something.

Matt990724 05-25-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by p51bombay (Post 8369755)
take a MSF class - you'll walk away with your endorement and you might even learn something.

So, you did, or did not take the Oklahoma riding test recently?

p51bombay 05-25-2011 05:46 PM

never been to OK - just a suggestion. When I find a spare weekend I'm taking one again, its been a while but you can always learn something new. My point is that be taking the class they will show you everything you need to pass and even conduct the testing so you dont have to do it at the DMV.

combat_doc 05-25-2011 05:47 PM

+1 on the MSF thats what i did

bswearingen 05-25-2011 05:50 PM

i recently took the test in OK and it was simple, but its my understanding that it varies from location to location. There is no set standard in testing as far as the actual driving test is considered. Basically made a few lane changes, turns, and was asked make a stop, dismount, and resume. Dont sweat it

mmcbeat 05-25-2011 05:51 PM

Taking the MSF class waives the need for the OK driving test. That's what I did and I highly recommend the same. I heard horror stories about having to either trailer your scooter to the DOT testing center or have a friend with an endorsement ride your scooter the the center. The MSF class took 8 hours, I enjoyed it, learned a lot and met some good folks. I realize I didn't answer your question but if you opt for the test, you are at the mercy of the the person giving the test, a state employee. 'nuff said.

robbie52 05-25-2011 05:52 PM

Don't ride the bike to the test without a permit.

Northbound Southerner 05-25-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by robbie52 (Post 8369807)
Don't ride the bike to the test without a permit.

Good advice right there... I did this back years ago when I was stationed at Altus. Man that trooper was pissed. Gave me a fat ticket and would not let me take the test that day...

bp_shooter123 05-25-2011 06:03 PM

Where I took mine they just had me ride the bike around in a residential area of town. No big deal or tricky maneuvers. The Highway patrol office where I had to go to take it told me they did not want to know how I got the bike there. Sort of don't ask don't tell.

Michael