General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush Helmets....opinions wanted...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Yeah, headtrip makes the helmets skull crush sells. They are fantastic helmets though, I have 2 extended half lids.

If anyone is going to order from headtrip or skull crush, pm me for a 10% discount code for each company

Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 PM
imjabe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NYC here....does anyone have problems with local LEO regarding non DOT helmets?

Joe B

Old 06-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the Head Trip's. Love mine!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by imjabe
NYC here....does anyone have problems with local LEO regarding non DOT helmets?

Joe B

I just went through a checkpoint in Westchester last week & the cops just waved me through. Some friends have had beanies for years around the Tri-State area without a problem.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

I've done a lot of riding through Cape May, Atlantic, Burlington, and Cumberland Counties here in South Jersey sporting a novelty lid, no local or state police have even given me a second glance so far.......

Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Shoobs
Stage I

I am about to hit "submit order" for a new Skull Crush helmet. What's that discount code you mentioned? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoobs
I am about to hit "submit order" for a new Skull Crush helmet. What's that discount code you mentioned? Thanks.
Code for skullcrush is "facebook"

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 AM
DbbleD
Cruiser
Default Back to life

Bringing this thread back to life. Does anyone have any feedback as to the fit for someone with a smaller head. I typically wear a small in most DOT helmets. The Skull Crush helmets look great. I want to order a 3/4 but I'm a little concerned with it being 1 shell that is fit with different padding they send.

Don't want to be really bobble head b/c of adding a lot of padding to have it fit. If that's the case, might as well get a DOT.

TIA -- DD

Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by DbbleD
Bringing this thread back to life. Does anyone have any feedback as to the fit for someone with a smaller head. I typically wear a small in most DOT helmets. The Skull Crush helmets look great. I want to order a 3/4 but I'm a little concerned with it being 1 shell that is fit with different padding they send.

Don't want to be really bobble head b/c of adding a lot of padding to have it fit. If that's the case, might as well get a DOT.

TIA -- DD
Each mfg has their own size. A small in HJC can be a medium in Vega. Use the Skullcrush fitting guide & measure as instructed as it is pretty accurate.

Last edited by golfblues; 10-13-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I run a carbonfiberhelmets.com which used to be DOT, but became head trip when their DOT rating was revoked. When their rating was revoked they were supposed to issue refunds to everyone who had bought a DOT helmet, however not everyone got a refund. It was a big deal at the time and they reappeared as head trip without the DOT rating. I opted to keep mine as it was well broken in and very comfortable. These helmets all have the same shape as head trip and it makes me assume that they are the same company as head trip operating under a different name. All I know is I have been wearing my carbonfiberhelmets.com helmet for 5 plus years and love it. I need a new one so am thinking about getting one of these skull crush helmets. I'll just put a DOT sticker on the back. I need a low profile helmet that is light and comfortable and these are it.

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 11-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Skull Crush Helmets....opinions wanted...