General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's time to change the dirty biker image

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Goliath51989
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
2. You guys with the blacked out denim painted bikes need to get some shiny paint and chrome right away. These young kids like BMW cars...ever see a black primer BMW driving around?? I didn't think so.
Hate to prove you wrong here mate, but,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...te-Black-0.jpg

http://carsinteriors.com/wp-content/...te-Black-0.jpg

http://www.iconographystudios.net/wp...ewimg_8750.gif

Alot of us youngsters LOVE blacked out denim chit, and alot of us do own a wrench an can turn it like a champ

Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2live
None of them know what a wrench is or how to use it???? You need to head to the Jockey Journal. Those kids are building some of the coolest bikes ive ever seen and using old HDs and Trumps to boot. They are taking styling from the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s and putting their own spin on it with **** for a budget. What they cant afford they are making and doing a hell of a job.
I kinda lost some respect for JJ when they tossed out JAP bikes. There some really cool XS650 choppers being built to the "old school" po-boy style.
But the rest is true. Some cool bikes are being built by the next generation. Great to see people that don't need harley manual to replace footpegs.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Last edited by alkay191; 06-14-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fast2live
None of them know what a wrench is or how to use it???? You need to head to the Jockey Journal. Those kids are building some of the coolest bikes ive ever seen and using old HDs and Trumps to boot. They are taking styling from the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s and putting their own spin on it with **** for a budget. What they cant afford they are making and doing a hell of a job.
Bookmarked it. Which, ironically, is how it all started in the first place!! Also check out these guys from Iowa:
http://kemosabeandthelodge.blogspot.com/

Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

we rode a long ways one day, had on gear "For the fall, not for the ride" (interstate) and we got off the scoot, and a little kid yelled, "hey mom, look at the bikers!"

my wife was all looking around, who was the kid talking about?
i told her DUH, it was you, all covered in black clothes & jackets & gloves & stuff.

lately, my wife has been wearing more visible colors.

youngs folks are more about tattoos on thier skin than modifications on thier cars/bikes from what i see.

we went out to eat with bunch young friends in a Army unit just back stateside, and the waitress asked if someone owned a tattoo bar, they had so many.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by alkay191
I kinda lost some respect for JJ when they tossed out JAP bikes. There some really cool XS650 choppers being built to the "old school" po-boy style.
But the rest is true. Some cool bikes are being built by the next generation. Great to see people that don't need harley manual to replace footpegs.
Yeah i dont get that either. Ive seen some very cool Jap bobs and cafe racers. The Jap attack style chops are cool too.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 AM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by fleabite
Bookmarked it. Which, ironically, is how it all started in the first place!! Also check out these guys from Iowa:
http://kemosabeandthelodge.blogspot.com/
Yup, thats what im talkin bout.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:46 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I get this thread is a semi-joke but it still pisses me off. I ride in flannel shirts, jeans, and most of the time skate shoes. I ride a sh*tload of miles every year on my old evo and do all my own work on it. Some of us younger guys can wrench and build some bad *** sh*t........and we dont need an HD Tshirt from every dealer we have "Visited" to prove it. Come to think of it I havent even set foor in a dealer in almost 2 yrs.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:52 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bparsel
I get this thread is a semi-joke but it still pisses me off. I ride in flannel shirts, jeans, and most of the time skate shoes. I ride a sh*tload of miles every year on my old evo and do all my own work on it. Some of us younger guys can wrench and build some bad *** sh*t........and we dont need an HD Tshirt from every dealer we have "Visited" to prove it. Come to think of it I havent even set foor in a dealer in almost 2 yrs.
You won't get any **** from me. You are actually the "great, young hope" for this mess.
BTW my wardrobe doesn't change from "work" to "riding" .... same old BDUs or Dickies, non-harley t-shirts and Docs or Vans.

Quick Reply: It's time to change the dirty biker image